Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Raditz

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

That looks great overall, but there's something about the proportions that's making him look like a teen, instead of a fully grown, ready to kick arse adult.
I think its the size of the head, which is seems a tad too large, and the length of the hips/legs, which seem just slightly too short.

I dunno, its really subtle, and maybe no one else will notice (that is, if I'm not just imagining things), just those two things seem to throw off what's otherwise an excellent model.

That looks great overall, but there's something about the proportions that's making him look like a teen, instead of a fully grown, ready to kick arse adult. I think its the size of the head, which is seems a tad too large, and the length of the hips/legs, which seem just slightly too short.

What you are probably noticing is the transition Raditz made from the Saiyan Saga drawing style to an updated Buu Saga style (which never actually existed!). Typically Raditz had a very tiny/narrow/flat head. The slighly wider and fuller later drawing style head is most likely causing these misconceptions. I'm actually surprised noone noticed that Saiyan Saga Vegeta had the same transformation done -- this is probably because the head used was also familar though. By updating all of our models to the latest drawing standards of the series, we preserve the consistency in multi-saga character usages of ZEQ2 while still attaining series accuracy.

Tranx View user's profile Send private message

Wow the Raditz model looks awesome and I really like the Buu Saga style drawing. Another addition for my DBZ wallpaper collection. Very Happy

Morpherex View user's profile Send private message

Meh, I was looking forward to a video. Or you showing off 16:10.

marvin View user's profile Send private message

Is this for real, it's just wow, it looks like a Budokai 3 Raditz, thats really good work guys, keep it up.

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

It looks really cool. Some Raditz 3d-models look like monsters! But this one really looks as the Raditz from the DBZ anime.

You guys are highly talented Very Happy .

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I like the level of detail you guys put in to the models, I don't see them getting any more dbz like. The style is spot on.

zane View user's profile Send private message

yep, thats definitely how raditz has to look.
good job

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

marvin wrote : Is this for real, it's just wow, it looks like a Budokai 3 Raditz, thats really good work guys, keep it up.

I don't get why people keep comparising to Budokai. Budokai is way to square to be compared to this. As was said many times before Budokai doesnt resemble the game as much as ZEQ2 is doing/going to do, and I don't think the teammembers like to be compared with other games when they are trying to make something that stands on its own.

I wouldn't atleast.

Anyways, model looks great! Ofcourse because of the changed style of raditz he doesnt have the smirk on his face as he had in the anime but its still a very great model in my opinion. I always liked Radditz and I think ill be playing him allot, if his hair is being animated correctly, cause I think that might be a part thing to do.

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

It is a really great job and keep up the good work!
I never saw such quality. I think that you have surpassed every game yet.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Somehow my mind is repeating this line "Excuse has any one seen my arm, you can't mss it its green!".

Or in other words, another stunning model/skin. Wink

Congrats Supervegetto and Blaize.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Thanks people, glad you like it Wink

Japieja, your correct
I guess it's kinda a compliment when someone compares your work with professional work.. but still.
We don't think that budokai is the best quality possible.. so comparing us with that is in some way looking down on us.
Ofcourse we are all amateurs, but it would be nice if you would compare our work with the serie instead of the games.
anyway.. I'll still try to take it as a compliment, because when budokai was released we thought we could never get that quality.. and now we have allot of people saying we've gone beyond that =D

So thanks people, I promise the next update will be to your liking also XD

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote : Somehow my mind is repeating this line "Excuse has any one seen my arm, you can't mss it its green!".

Hahaha that had to be the best joke in Dragonball Z!!! hehe Razz

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Blaize wrote : Thanks people, glad you like it Wink

[...]
Ofcourse we are all amateurs, but it would be nice if you would compare our work with the serie instead of the games.
[...]

As you wish Razz -> He looks like in series aaaaa ... I must acclimate to this "Buu saga drawing style"... At first sight he looks "strange" but overall... it's great model and comparison to Budokai isn't good :]

Mako| View user's profile Send private message

The model looks great, bigthumb.

LegendarySaiyan View user's profile Send private message

Hi everyone I am new here!! I like the Raditz model it is good.. no no it is Great Very Happy and making it in Buu Saga drawing style looks nice..can't wait to see more.. keep up the good work!! Very Happy

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

This part of his hair looks kinda strange Surprised. in series it looked like that Wink

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

From a front view it also looks like that Wink
We did our homework about the hair =]

This part of his hair looks kinda strange Surprised. in series it looked like that Wink

Remember to take into account wind, frizzle-factors, saga styles, and angles!

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Hmm and one more thing Razz ... Maybe you can improve your updates and post additionaly screen from game ( in-game Razz ) because I think this Raditz is render or something :>...

Adas View user's profile Send private message

I think this Raditz is render or something :>...

:O really? no shi*t! :O co ty nie powisz Razz

Anyway the model looks cool , I like it V_V. PLEASE just tell me did you used reytrace on that scouter glass, and did you skined some of the reflections that are on it.

Veiron View user's profile Send private message

Good work on Radditz, keep it up! Very Happy

because I think this Raditz is render or something :>...

Yeah. Sad to say the render shadow casting looks inferior compared to how the ingame ones will -- since they will flow and wrap naturally Smile. The cel-shadow structures in max just don't do justice to how independently mapped shadow overlays WILL ingame.

Anyway the model looks cool , I like it V_V. PLEASE just tell me did you used reytrace on that scouter glass, and did you skined some of the reflections that are on it.

Skinned reflections for render. They'll be handled via gloss shader for accurate casting ingame.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Super Vegetto wrote :

Devion wrote : Somehow my mind is repeating this line "Excuse has any one seen my arm, you can't mss it its green!".

Hahaha that had to be the best joke in Dragonball Z!!! hehe Razz

And with his famous english accent, hehe great.

Reason why Raditz is my favorite character, the accent Razz.

Anyway, if the game shader look better, then get it ingame, hehe

1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472