Page 2 (Icarus)
Page 3 (TRL)
Page 4 (Icarus)
Page 5 (TRL)
Page 6 (TRL)
Page 7 (Icarus)
Page 8 (Japieja)
Page 9 (TRL)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRL wrote : Icarus don't be jealous but in the skill departement, lloyd handed me more then you. Look around.

Sorry for going offtopic with this Zethy.

Can you please explain how a person can be jealous of something he hasn't even seen yet? Nope, didn't think so.

However. Now that I did look around your Devart I just got one thing to say. *laughing out loud*! You sure as heck beat me in the art department by... Recycling other peoples' work? Nice one. Come up with your own style and design and then we'll talk.

If you're so confident about your skill, I'll challenege you, with the members of this forum to be the judges. My only term about that would be using your OWN characters, so no recycling other animes, mangas, movies, etc. Up for it, or did your self confidence just went down the crapper now that you can't copy off reference pics?

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 17, 2006

I guess I'll leave it be
my attitude hasn't changed at all, I just don't let people talk to me in the way that Icarus did.

Icarus, I didn't want to challenge your abilities. It's just you came off a little to strong in your former post. If I can see some work of yours we maybe could have mutual respect. That's all I ask anyway. But if you want to challenge me for the sake of fun. I'd be glad to participate.

Hey and guys keep on smiling! the sun is shining!

And if I remember correctly zeth I was registered previously as t-r-l. But that doesn't matter because Mdave remembered me, I think.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

I don't really see how you got offended by me saying

So far you haven't shown any valuable qualities, so don't count on anyone else's opinion either.

I was simply refering to your temper and attitude, I never mentioned anything about your art.

However, your post was basically provoking. I'm not one to really boast about my art, I never really thought it's that great myself. But I simply can't take it when someone is condescending in that matter. In which case I simply challenged you to a competition to clear that matter out.

Now it's up to you whether you accept it or not. If you don't, simply take the things you said back. Otherwise, prove them.

I thought I took them back Razz
anyway I'd like to have a little drawing battle. Just don't feel like you have to prove anything. I'm competing for fun. Anynone else game?

In any case I apoligize for my behavior it's just not easy to get rejected. And it felt like you were saying everyone was rejecting me.

Ok let's each make a character here and now and we'll let them compete. Choose 1 mêlée weapon Razz

Or better yet, how about a fight scene? A bit more of a challenege making it look alive and tense. As many fighers as you want, any weapons you want- be if futuristic, ancient, or modern. Deadline in two weeks sounds fair enough?

(And if any mod would be so kind splitting this topic)

*ponders* well I was thinking something like that but more real time then. We take turns in doing an attack but first introduce your character. Finishers are not allowed untill the crowd gives the thumb down or someone throws in the towel. Good?

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

A fight sounds fair.

You'll need to judge it own orginality, the kind of art and overall.

Just keep it civil ;p

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : I guess I'll leave it be
my attitude hasn't changed at all, I just don't let people talk to me in the way that Icarus did.

Icarus, I didn't want to challenge your abilities. It's just you came off a little to strong in your former post. If I can see some work of yours we maybe could have mutual respect. That's all I ask anyway. But if you want to challenge me for the sake of fun. I'd be glad to participate.

Hey and guys keep on smiling! the sun is shining!

And if I remember correctly zeth I was registered previously as t-r-l. But that doesn't matter because Mdave remembered me, I think.

I remmembered you as The Real Legend and you had a person doing a kung fu move in your avatar Razz you helped rio with his #18 mêlée animations back on the old forums.

no the kung fu guy was piratron but I remember that thread and I critted on the punch too. But I think piratron did more, he was kind of an expert

and *ponders* I kung fu you too

TRL wrote : *ponders* well I was thinking something like that but more real time then. We take turns in doing an attack but first introduce your character. Finishers are not allowed untill the crowd gives the thumb down or someone throws in the towel. Good?

Wow... I was thinking more of a simple drawing/painting with a certain theme... But whatever you like. Just give me more details about how it will be like.

Well here's my intro page then we make like a little manga or just one frame either is fine, so we can fight eachother. The cool thing is you get to draw the other guy too.

Here's my main man

Anyone else feels like joining? Sven? Japieja?
Let the dutch people reign again Razz

Style clash could be a pain, but it'll do. I'll get to mine after I finish a painting I've been working on for the past two days.

yeah it might but no pain no gain

say why don't you just doodle a quickie up so I can start the first attack Razz

Reply with quote Saturday, March 18, 2006

That'll have to do because I'm too lazy to clean it up.

Nice it's more then enough this way, let's keep the details as low as possible, because we'll have to be drawing them a lot. I have a feeling it's going to be a tight match :p

I'll start a first page then, be prepared
Twisted Evil

edit: finished Razz

I'm glad with the result

page1.gif

page1.gif
page 1

Alright, so you ended it with you rushing towards me, and now I have to draw a counter attack/block/hit right?

Yup that's it but it doesn't have to be a full page like mine. Just draw as much as you need to do a cool attack.

Now to clarify my page, I don't think it's that obvious. But you see your guy noticed mine had a shield underneath his cloak, so he's prepared.
Another thing is he threw the shield towards your guy and actually jumped on it coming towards you with his sword straight forward in piercing mode.

That was the idea. Interpret it as you like Razz

Ohhh, now I get it. Right, I'll get mine done soon enough.

Here's mine. A simple explanation of what's going on.

Pretty self explanatory- My character says "hehe... Fine..." with a smirk on his face feeling confident. The sigils on his sword start glowing, and form into a smoky aura, you can see TRL's character still charging. The amulet also glows, and my character goes into a rage. The sigils appear in his eyes, and he's growling to gather power. Then you can see a little pointy rock bulging from the ground in TRL's character's path, the sigil forms over it, and in the last frame you can see the rock violently erupting from the ground.

(Why does '*word censored*' gets filtered into hehe?)

page 2.jpg

page 2.jpg
2nd page

poo what to do next?! Razz

I'll think of a genius plan. Twisted Evil give me some time

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Even with your explanatory I can't see what's happening on both of your pages... but this is really a neat idea :p

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 28, 2006

*Cough*

Any time now.

Reply with quote Friday, March 31, 2006

mjehmjeh I'll try something tonight

page3.gif

page3.gif
page 3

*Ha chum!*

here you go Razz

hope you see what's going on

You took the shield, threw it into the rock, bounced back from it and sliced the rock?

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472