Content

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

Server Types

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yay! There are 2 of me in the player list Very Happy
This shows how important I am... or maybe how uninportant I am... it takes 2 of me to make a real person XD

Anyway... Thanx for the info!Very Happy
And that's so not me... I dislike roleplaying and getting "into character".
Ergo, I'm a munchkin in it's purest form Razz Wink

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yay! There are 2 of me in the player list Very Happy
This shows how important I am... or maybe how uninportant I am... it takes 2 of me to make a real person XD

Hehe. Yeah. It was quick slop-together a long time ago. Hope it helps you grab the concept a bit better though.

Anyway... Thanx for the info!Very Happy
And that's so not me... I dislike roleplaying and getting "into character".
Ergo, I'm a munchkin in it's purest form Razz Wink

Of course you don't have to. It was just for dramatic effect Wink. I'd love to drop in a server that was 'acting' out the episodes/series though XD. Watch the series and all Very Happy Or better yet just have a demo recording of an 'episode'. I think a 200KB demo file is well worth the swap off of a 200MB episode (and the demo is better quality too!)

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 23, 2006

This is so cool but I have a question.In game will be movies? please put movies in game Very Happy

Anubis_NL View user's profile Send private message

OH MY GOODNESS.. Very Happy have to read it all! but I'll do that in class Smile the picture well I can't wait to play it to

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : This is so cool but I have a question.In game will be movies? please put movies in game Very Happy

In earlier phases of ZEQ2 it has been said they would at least add an intro movie. For the rest I don't know. I think it's up to ourself to play the movies.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

So, are you planning on having scriptable missions for the servers to run?

The obvious use would be an easy way to allow for people to play through and do various tasks from the series without having to 'roleplay' it under their own rules and be restricted to simple fights. Then ofcourse it would allow people to create their own scenarios and hand them about for people to play.

It would certainly extend the longevity of the game and be tremendous fun in the process.

I was thinking about the ingame scripting that is being developed in ESF Very Happy

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Punio4 wrote : I was thinking about the ingame scripting that is being developed in ESF Very Happy

The special effects scripting?

Humm no... more like ingame engine cutscenes/events...

Reply with quote Friday, March 24, 2006

Punio4 wrote : Humm no... more like ingame engine cutscenes/events...

ESF is a Half-Life mod... HL already has event 'scripting' for ingame cutscenes?

Zangetsu View user's profile Send private message

Alex, ESF is developing a new scripting method for Half-Life. It looks very promising. The information is in PCJoes dev log on esforces.com

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Zangetsu wrote : Alex, ESF is developing a new scripting method for Half-Life. It looks very promising. The information is in PCJoes dev log on esforces.com

Jeez. They have only gotten to that kind of stuff now? ZEQ2 was designed from the ground up with this kind of thing in mind.
We've had scriptable graphical entities since forever. Just about every ki attack you've been seeing all the way back into our released material since before our 'great sleep' is scripted.

I'm wondering how PCJoe will be doing a full screen camera radial blur though, as I don't believe HalfLife has a public release of the actual engine code, meaning PCJoe doesn't have access to the back buffer (which is sort of a requirement to do any kind of full screen blur; speaking from experience).

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

RiO wrote :

Zangetsu wrote : Alex, ESF is developing a new scripting method for Half-Life. It looks very promising. The information is in PCJoes dev log on esforces.com

Jeez. They have only gotten to that kind of stuff now? ZEQ2 was designed from the ground up with this kind of thing in mind.
We've had scriptable graphical entities since forever. Just about every ki attack you've been seeing all the way back into our released material since before our 'great sleep' is scripted.

I'm wondering how PCJoe will be doing a full screen camera radial blur though, as I don't believe HalfLife has a public release of the actual engine code, meaning PCJoe doesn't have access to the back buffer (which is sort of a requirement to do any kind of full screen blur; speaking from experience).

http://www.mechmod.com/team/pcjoe/halflife63.jpg

Exclamation

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 25, 2006

Exclamation

Why is there a purple triangle with legs in the middle of the screen?

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Exclamation

Why is there a purple triangle with legs in the middle of the screen?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
just... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CYN View user's profile Send private message

yeah ESF graphics are the best

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I wouldn't say ESF graphics are bad, I'd say the engine they are working on is extremely out dated.

Zangetsu View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : I wouldn't say ESF graphics are bad, I'd say the engine they are working on is extremely out dated.

I agree. I think they have fairly good graphics considering the engine they are using.

Quake 3 is fairly outdated at best too Smile

The difference being, Forza, that Quake 3 is now opensource so any being the engine being 'outdated' doesn't bare much relevance. HL on the other hand is just a tiny bit outdated and the engine can't be improved and brought up-to-date Wink

For example, Xreal, a Q3 engine modification, has already got Doom 3 style real-time lighting, GLSL shaders, MD5 model support, Doom3 map compilation and a load more which makes it look less outdated than Doom 3. You're basically limited by your skill and abilities Very Happy

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

I wish halflife would go open source.
It'd be a gift to the modding world.

Alex wrote : The difference being, Forza, that Quake 3 is now opensource so any being the engine being 'outdated' doesn't bare much relevance. HL on the other hand is just a tiny bit outdated and the engine can't be improved and brought up-to-date Wink

For example, Xreal, a Q3 engine modification, has already got Doom 3 style real-time lighting, GLSL shaders, MD5 model support, Doom3 map compilation and a load more which makes it look less outdated than Doom 3. You're basically limited by your skill and abilities Very Happy

Okay, that seems 10 times better than I thought. Awesome Very Happy

TrUnKz SSJ8 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 08, 2007

This Seems to get more and more fun ... I hope this game will be ready soon Smile oh 1 Question ... when will it be ready approximatively???

WarFang_76 True Warrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 08, 2007

It`ll be released when the moon goes blue Laughing
Just kidding.Read the FAQ Rolling Eyes
PS:How do I type a message below my avatar.I want to write:I`m a TRUE WARRIOR don`t ask me to give up if I`m not DEAD! Razz

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 09, 2007

WarFang_76 wrote : It`ll be released when the moon goes blue :*laughing out loud*:
Just kidding.Read the FAQ Rolling Eyes
PS:How do I type a message below my avatar.I want to write:I`m a TRUE WARRIOR don`t ask me to give up if I`m not DEAD! Razz

You don't choose titles. Titles are given depending on what Zeth personally thinks about you.

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472