Content

Grabbing

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 23, 2006

=D maybe being able to grab people from behind and keep them in a hold that gradually but slowly does damage...and then while you are grabign tou have to like constanly push two different keys back and forth to keep them in the hold....while the person is in the hold...and then use some sort of equation using I guess the difference in power levels, to figure out how fast the player has to push the buttons to keep them in it...and there can also be some sort of limit as to how much damage it can do..or how much time it can last...

I think that might be more for a story mode version I guess...unless it would be possible inthe multiplayer.... I don't really know too much about how internet and network programming stuff work...

...it's been a while since I've watched DBZ, and I can't remeber it all that well, but I am pretty sure I've seem people being grabbed and held. pretty sure...

but if I am thinking of something else then don't mind this suggestion

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Why only in story-mode? (as someone had said to me when I briefly discussed it ;o)
Also I don't agree with losing health whilst constrained.

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Yup =] Vegeta did it to Goku and I also remember kid Trunks doing it to Goten Wink

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

or when Goku grab Raddits. This grab need a strugle bar or something like this to balance the fight

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

it could be able to do it in internet, cos for example you can kiss someone in Jedi Academy, and it is on Q3 engine too Razz

sarriss_Sarriss View user's profile Send private message

Zajac wrote : it could be able to do it in internet, cos for example you can kiss someone in Jedi Academy, and it is on Q3 engine too Razz

really? I have it for console, so I might not be able to kiss someone, sound cool though *laughing out loud*.

I think it would be cool to have a stryggle bar, but also do what they did with PoP:WW and PoP:TT where combat can b chained into multiple combos. Like if you grap you can either throw, jab, strong hit(that essensially throws the oppnent but also damages), ki blast(point blank), or any nuber of other things. It would be cool too if the opponent breaks out f the hold he can have the same options.

I don't think a tipical struggle bar will do, PC doesn't lend itself well to button mashing, perhase instead a balance meter would be best:

the person grappled would try and look in a different direction and you would have to try and follow a cursor which would represent where he is looking.If the distance is too large, or a certain distance and up is held for too long the hold would be broken.

or it could be like dragon rush in budokai:

try not to press the same button(up down left right) buttocks your opponent

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

it sounds cool, but it could be different to do in that way: they are grabbing etc (im weak at english though) and someone attacked them with Ki wave, how then it coudl be?

Zangetsu View user's profile Send private message

If it was in the show then it will most likely be in the game. I also remember even though it's said to be null information, on the last website it had a break down of the moves and grabbing was possible. Don't see why they'd throw it out the window considering it was done numerous times in the show.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Yes, grabbing is planned.

Zajac wrote : it sounds cool, but it could be different to do in that way: they are grabbing etc (im weak at english though) and someone attacked them with Ki wave, how then it coudl be?

well, with that it would be like a explosion blowing the other characters away. Something like that has been seen in the show, with vegeta(majin) vs goku in the buu saga when vegeta uses a beam to push goku into a mountain.

0 / 2472