Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4

Landing

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

Zeth, I can understand you have an attachment to your project because it is really precious to you. And consequently, you're protective of it when individuals in the community speak up and offer criticism. I can understand that.

Although all of the team members for ZEQ2 greatly value the project, refering to it as "precious" would be a bit imprudent in our behalf. We've all been around long enough in the mod world to realize how situations work, and how improvement occurs naturally through criticism. The issue at hand isn't a matter of ignoring advice. Rather it's a concern that that previously scheduled plans aren't being taken in to regard before making such comments; thereby resulting in an endless loop of monotonous suggestion after suggestion.

I think you should appreciate that I'm not boasting or pestering you. I'm merely offering some advice. As I said in my previous post, you are free to ignore it.

I apoligize if I implied the previous messages towards you. More or less it was just a statement of clarification directed towards the badgering few.

If you think a community is not important to a games survival, then that's entirely up to you. You're entitled to believe what you choose to believe, just as everyone on Earth is. The only point I'm making is that individuals be allowed to say what they want to say, just as you and I have said what we want to say. At the end of the day, these are just words, and have no impact on the work your team is doing. It's nothing to get heated about, because what I've said is simply food for thought, and nothing more.

Philosophically speaking on a personal level, I have the same mentality associating to freedoms of expression. As I mentioned before though, the issue isn't in relation to the intent of such an expression. Instead the scope of the problem comes in form of a mob mentality lack of comprehension.

No reason to fret by the way. We're in no way seriously upset Smile -- simply a bit dumbfounded that that some project supporters cannot understand, or are not granting a mutual respect to our project's ambitions, goals, and general idealogy.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

All I'll say is that their are some very wise members on these forums, the team should be gratefull to be able to attract such people. The last thing you'd want to do is push those away. Mutual respect comes from both sides. You have to understand that not everyone is even capable to comprehend everything the team does and is doing. Let everyone have their say. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Piccolo The Green Man View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 03, 2006

I don't see much of a reason to complain about colors of terrain and sky before they've been given their appropriate textures. I'm becoming more and more impressed with this, Zeth. NICELY DONE.

MooSe_CaNNoN View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 04, 2006

I know you guys aren't finished yet but looking at the screen shots the characters look kind of superimposed as if they're 2 dimensional?

I know you guys aren't finished yet but looking at the screen shots the characters look kind of superimposed as if they're 2 dimensional?

Really? Why, thank you. That'd be the project's whole idea Razz

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud*. Yeah, DBZ wasn't that 3D nether. ;P

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

DBZ the show is known for MASSIVE open areas where theres nothing except a couple of Z-Fighters dueling it out, a no mans land. The ZEQ2 maps we've seen in a few screenshots so far are..

This one..
http://www.zeq2.com/mB/viewtopic.php?t=214

This one..
http://www.zeq2.com/mB/viewtopic.php?t=48

And finally this one..
http://zeq2.com/mB/viewtopic.php?t=320

See what I'm getting at, these three maps are maps of the more wider and open areas you find in the show.. Yea.. A few tree's maybe, the occasional mountain, maybe a few rocks, some sand, splash down some water endless miles of open planes, just like in the show.. Honestly I'm tired of seeing "The map is to empty", look at the tiny snippet you've seen of the map your commenting on people, compare it to the show how alike is it.. If Zeth uploads some images of a city map with nothing but one building in it, then yea, people could get away with saying, "Uuum the map is to empty"..

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Need plenty of space for the gigantic explosions that'll happen Razz

Sounds foun though.
*dodge tree, dodge rock, dodge mountain, dodge tree, etc*

You could make a mini game out of that. >_<

Zeth wrote :

Really? Why, thank you. That'd be the project's whole idea Razz

So you're making it almost exactly like the cartoon ? what happens when move around a character? how many sides does he have? you guys are putting a lot of effort into this so I wouldnt assume it would be like duke nukem 3D where you couldn't tell exactly where an opponent was looking because he only had four sides

So you're making it almost exactly like the cartoon ? what happens when move around a character? how many sides does he have? you guys are putting a lot of effort into this so I wouldnt assume it would be like duke nukem 3D where you couldn't tell exactly where an opponent was looking because he only had four sides

The idea is that it will BE 3D, but through effects and dynamic cameras LOOK and FEEL like the 2D series. Wink

Awesome! Very Happy

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 05, 2006

Super Snake wrote : Sounds foun though.
*dodge tree, dodge rock, dodge mountain, dodge tree, etc*

You could make a mini game out of that. >_<

*laughing my arse off*, Sonic and Mario. Wink

Reply with quote Friday, May 05, 2006

RaiDer wrote :

*laughing my arse off*, Sonic and Mario. Wink

Yeah. And mario kicked buttocks! So that is axactly my point. ;P

(P.S this is like my 20th offtopic post. I should try to do that less XD)

Uurrgg.. Nice map. Thumbs up. ;P

<<  1, 2, 3, 4

0 / 2472