Content

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Landing

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Zangetsu View user's profile Send private message

HOLY FREAKIN LOVE PUPPY! Thats amazing. I shoveled on myself TWICE!

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

O my lloyd Shocked Shocked Shocked amazing Very Happy an map in 1 week Very Happy I am really surprised but Raditz should look more scary Neutral I think

marvin View user's profile Send private message

Wow, tahts so beautiful and colorful keep it up guys!!

Tranx View user's profile Send private message

Wow the map looks great. And nice ingame srceenshot too. Smile

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

amazing and I like the fact that there's going to be more stuff added Smile cause in my opinion right now the grass just looks kind of off.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine, your not the sharpest knife in the drawer arent you ? Razz
you actually think we made this in a week ?
we started this sucker quite some time ago.

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

*laughing out loud*

yea I love it. the look and feel is really nice.

one thing I dislike is the trees*...>_< they look kinda square....I realise this is probably because using one more side will end up adding quite a bit of polyogns...

one thing that you could maybe try, is like..rotate the piramids just slightly so that it doens't follow the same lines down the tree

Booler View user's profile Send private message

looks nice Smile

but the radditz in the first pic looks like postwork for me Embarassed ?

one thing I dislike is the times...>_< they look kinda square....I realise this is probably because using one more side will end up adding quite a bit of polyogns...

one thing that you could maybe try, is like..rotate the piramids just slightly so that it doens't follow the same lines down the tree

Times? You mean the trees? The pine's only look odd from the air at the time being due to a misplaced shader method. At any rate a lot of tweakwork is planned on mesh object diversity and texture overhauls before this puppy becomes final Wink

but the radditz in the first pic looks like postwork for me Embarassed ?

Postwork?

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

I'll have to admit, I actually didnt like it that much.
Might be because there is no shading in it yet, but 1 huge factor why I don't like it is because its way to bright in my opinion.
And In the second pic Radtiz looks really weird but that must have something to do with the angle..

But the main thing must be the uberbrightness and no shading that makes me not really like it Razz

IM SORRRYYYYY!! Very Happy

Might be because there is no shading in it yet, but 1 huge factor why I don't like it is because its way to bright in my opinion.
But the main thing must be the uberbrightness and no shading that makes me not really like it Razz

Watch the series lately Razz?

DBZ IS bright. What you might be noticing is a lack of distance hazing and other depth buffer effects which constitute for a (slightly) less saturated feel. If you have a nice gander at the series shots, you'll realize that the terrain itself isn't naturally shaded and relies on a patchwork of greens. This also was noted in the 'future plans' area.

And In the second pic Radtiz looks really weird but that must have something to do with the angle..

Possibly angle, fov, and range. Raditz IDEALLY should look proper at all angles, however. I took the screenshots this time which I typically don't do. SV is reserved for that, but he wasn't available at the time needed.

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

More pebbles/greener grass/dirt patches would be aprecciated Very Happy
Looks like a golf course Very Happy
Also taking into consideration the series shot you showed, either the pod is too small, or the crater is too big Confused

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Nice... always when I see something from ZEQ2 it's nice... but for me it's too huge... who need so many place to flying ?:> I think it's not necessary...
And still nobody knows what kind of gameplay will have ZEQ2, screens doesn't show it ...

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Watch the series lately Razz?

DBZ IS bright. What you might be noticing is a lack of distance hazing and other depth buffer effects which constitute for a (slightly) less saturated feel. If you have a nice gander at the series shots, you'll realize that the terrain itself isn't naturally shaded and relies on a patchwork of greens. This also was noted in the 'future plans' area.

Possibly angle, fov, and range. Raditz IDEALLY should look proper at all angles, however. I took the screenshots this time which I typically don't do. SV is reserved for that, but he wasn't available at the time needed.

Nonono Zeth, the screenshots from the map are way to bright.
Look at that same pic you posted and the ingame screenshot like this one

As you can see the tones of the sky and the grass are a different shade of green, and it has nothing to do with shading or patchworks of greens.
Even if you would put those in the initial grass would still be too bright, it almost hurts my eye man Very Happy

in my opinion you should use for both the sky and the grass a duller tone of green and blue.. not much but this is too much brightness in my opinion

Please pay attention.

What you might be noticing is a lack of distance hazing and other depth buffer effects which constitute for a (slightly) less saturated feel. If you have a nice gander at the series shots, you'll realize that the terrain itself isn't naturally shaded and relies on a patchwork of greens. This also was noted in the 'future plans' area.

FUTURE PLANS

[*] Unique Grass Diversity Layer.
[*] Improved Textures.

in my opinion you should use for both the sky and the grass a duller tone of green and blue.. not much but this is too much brightness in my opinion

The sky is not faded gradiently in these particular screenshots as it should be. Please refrain from giving suggestions to things we already have stated are planned to be resolved otherwise Razz

[NOTE]
One of the core rules of ZEQ2 is that you cannot base ANYTHING from one screenshot alone. I'll be honest with you. The screenshot I provided is from an episode encoded TV-rip. Encoded TV-rips are typically characterized by much darker tones than actualy DVD decrypts. This is taken into account along with the simple fact that "we've ALREADY stated that the textures are set to improve".

The point of the discussion threads isn't for fans to point out fallacies, or make suggestions; rather to make opinions only. It's also to englighten them on our progress and direction. We're pacing ourselves proportionally so that supporters won't lose interest over long periods of time -- this entails showing WIP and semi-WIP materials at the cost of such arguments that you are persuing Smile.

Careful Japieja. I am baiting you with a conundrum. Simply a test to see how well you respond to forum guidelines.

EDIT: Conundrum executed perfectly. I win. Hehe. Better luck playing next time.

Adas View user's profile Send private message

it reminds me of dbzhood gokussj map a bit, I like it but there are some things missing. Try to add some stuff to the ground like more small rocks and random the grass textures in some places a bit more, don't make it look the same every where. also add more blue to the mountains, your very close to the series though just fix some stuff. + show piccolo or chibi gohan ^^

Does anyone read?

[*] 2nd In-Development Version of Landing.

Future Plans
[*] Code-controlled DBZ Vision Hazing.
[*] Additional Coded Depth Buffer Effects.
[*] Unique Grass Diversity Layer.
[*] Increased Tree/Bush Uniqueness.
[*] Increased Outer Hills Tree/Foliage.
[*] Pink Birds near Farmers House.
[*] Improved Textures.

.:gDc:.Skate #1 fan View user's profile Send private message

Nice.. but I have one sugestion. The map is too empty....I know it needs to look like that but still for me its too empty... Confused

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Im already getting the feeling that we shouldnt post WIPs anymore Razz

People, that map is currently work in progress, things are due to change, such as textures and placment of stuff.
Things will improve in time...

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Yep its too emty they could put some more trees more housees and to make the spacepod much biger and it will be cool to open the spacepod door to go out:DVery Happy

Adas View user's profile Send private message

we all know its work in progress , but posting the wip kinda gived everyone right to post their coments. don't be mad when you don't agree with some of them( I was like that a while ago), by posting crits people want to help you , not harm you.We all know that its going to look better in the end.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

The problem is, people are pointing out stuff that we have already said we'll improve/add/fix Razz

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Yeah...they just don't read Razz
...what should I do about it...
Humm..

Twisted Evil

Zangetsu View user's profile Send private message

Fan base basically consist of either jolly clowns who barely know how to read or 11 year olds who skeet their pants when evening seeing a hint of dragonball z. Honestly guys why can't you read? I'm not even a team member and it nibbles me off to see you guys make suggestions and critiques on THINGS THAT ARE SAID TO BE LATER IMPROVED! Quit being a bunch of little strawberry muffins and sit and chill the Zeq2 team will come through......puppies.

1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472