Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Landing

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 29, 2006

by posting crits people want to help you , not harm you.We all know that its going to look better in the end.

We've already ascended past the days of crits helping us. Now we're this uber entity of perfection Razz. Now. Burn! Twisted Evil

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Pro's:

1. It's gigantic, just compare the pod with the crater(assuming the pod is normal size), then compare the hole with the map. It's simply gigantic.
2. The shape of the map is almost 100% correct.

Cons:

1. As Zeth said, the correct shading is missing, making the map flat and not DBZ like.

Note to zeq2 team; There are also colour difference between the grass(In the series) itself, hope you guys noticed that Razz.(Seeing the future plans, but there are also litteral colour difference, not just pattern)

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

I'm starting to think that my 866 MHz and 256 RAM machine will trash itself and die if I try to run that... But yeah, great job so far guys, can't wait to see the finished project.

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Good work. I don't think it's cartoonish enough yet though. With the new grass you are going to make I think it will be a lot more like the show.

But one important thing: Where did you put the home of the teletubby's?

zane View user's profile Send private message

Forza? Whoot Òó

Anyway nice job done there, the gras looks ok for me but maybe it will look better when you fixxed what you said allready Wink

tommety View user's profile Send private message

It's excellent for a WIP already.
It will look even more amazing when it's truly done,
like the better shadow effect.

I'm anything but into developping games so talking about
rendering and all that sort of terms don't make much sense to me, vertex shaders? is that a edible? Wink

Seriously, can't wait for more WIP maps with this quality.

cbogdanb View user's profile Send private message

indeed very excelent the game is going to be great keep up the good work guys Smile

hitmens View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 30, 2006

This is very good

Showster View user's profile Send private message

I do like your characters, but not really a fan of your environments yet.

Its strange to see you post them when their quite unfinished, should be interesting to see how the look when completed.

Keep plugging they'll come Smile

Invincible View user's profile Send private message

Cool Pretty.

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

Excelent work!
Can't wait to see piccolo, raditz and goku fighting in there

Very Happy Smile

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 31, 2006

The map is quite good, but the screenshots where there are Raditz and Goku seem odd.
I don't know why. Could it be the angle?

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

think its because they don't have any shading yet, not from the envirement nor from the chars themselves.. thus it looks like theyre floating on the ground

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

all your maps actually need more pebble, rock just debris in general. It's because you choose to do them cartoony which makes them look a lot less detailed.
That's also why the raditz map looks like a golf course:
way to clean. The dirt patches look like plain sand dropped on the grass, while their actually patches of dried out or eaten off patches of grass mixed with sand and dirt. So I think a lot more time needs to be spent on the textures.

Adeel View user's profile Send private message

The only thing that I think needs to be added is shading and less blockyness other than that its perfect...if people look at the images Zeth posted then you'll see that that's how many tree's were in the anime...but maybe they could destructable enviroments, not just buildings and trash like that I mean animals o.o

Its strange to see you post them when their quite unfinished, should be interesting to see how the look when completed.

Mesh-wise, it's virtually final. Texture-wise, the changes are limited. Code-wise is where the lacking factor comes in. Depth buffer effects and spatial terrain algo's are what's lacking here. The hills, placement, and general structure of the map are nearly identical to the series.

think its because they don't have any shading yet, not from the envirement nor from the chars themselves.. thus it looks like theyre floating on the ground

The characters DO having shading (not finalized -- of course). I'd like to exactly know what you define as 'environment shading' also. If you're talking planar shadows cast from objects, that's not going to add all that much depth to the map Razz.

all your maps actually need more pebble, rock just debris in general. It's because you choose to do them cartoony which makes them look a lot less detailed.
That's also why the raditz map looks like a golf course:

Raditz landing looks the way it does because of a lack of depth effects and spatial terrain effects, NOT from a lack of foliage (around the crater). Realize that the area around the crater has gotten the most attention and is seamingly near perfection in object types/amount/size. We can't just magically add extra rocks, trees, debris, and other objects if they were NOT present in the actual series shots. The outside perimeter will get focused attention on the next revision.

way to clean. The dirt patches look like plain sand dropped on the grass, while their actually patches of dried out or eaten off patches of grass mixed with sand and dirt. So I think a lot more time needs to be spent on the textures.

FUTURE PLANS
[*] Unique Grass Diversity Layer.
[*] Improved Textures.

Well. I guess that settles it. No more WIP materials shown from us due to a lack of reading comprehension Smile.

*ponders* I meant the textures need details like little rocks and or flowers or something. Things that you wouldn't bother making a model of. It just needs more detail overall. I didn't mention the crater. I mean the white golf course like dirtpatches who look like plain sand.

I have no comprehension faults. I know what's in the map , more big greyish rocks NEED to be added.

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

I don't remember seeing any flowers in the landing area =o

Textures on the most part WILL be redone or improved.
The current structure of the map, as Zeth already mentioned, is practicly finished.
Maybe we'll have some more small rocks scatterd around cause obviously we haven't finished with the map yet.

So yes, some things are due to change.

Zeth wrote : Well. I guess that settles it. No more WIP materials shown from us due to a lack of reading comprehension Smile.

Yeah, you are right about that one ;P

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

nice map, but I think there should be more objects Razz

nice map, but I think there should be more objects Razz

No more objects vor joo. Come back, von jear.

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Yeah I think it was a bad idea showing of such wip material,(partially my fault). But that doesn't mean you have to ignore what has been said for over like 10 times now...next time you'll see this map it won't be the same. But next time there's also no wip material as well :p. So I wouldn't count on map media that much anymore in the near future, hehe.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 01, 2006

Zeth wrote :

The characters DO having shading (not finalized -- of course). I'd like to exactly know what you define as 'environment shading' also. If you're talking planar shadows cast from objects, that's not going to add all that much depth to the map Razz.

What I meant witht he shading was that they don't cast their shadows on the ground yet, which makes it look like they were pasted on the image, and not REALLY are standing in the map itself.

Thats what I meant

What I meant witht he shading was that they don't cast their shadows on the ground yet, which makes it look like they were pasted on the image, and not REALLY are standing in the map itself.

Thats what I meant

Ah. Doh. I forgot that I had toggled my cg_shadows CVAR off for debugging long ago Razz. Hehe. This is why SV normally takes sceenshots Wink

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

Well. I guess that settles it. No more WIP materials shown from us due to a lack of reading comprehension

I agree on that so we would know how they really look like and the finished version would be better than the WIP.
Also there will be no comments on how it can be improved which is a bit silly, because in my opinion the team knows exactly how the map or any other object should look like.

*ponders* the team isn't allknowing and perfect. They show their work to receive criticism, atleast I would think so.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472