Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

Landing

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 01, 2006

*ponders* the team isn't allknowing and perfect. They show their work to receive criticism, atleast I would think so

Alright the team isn't perfect but they work with precision and they could recieve criticism when the map is finished.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

If it's finished they woun't work on it anymore...

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I agree on that so we would know how they really look like and the finished version would be better than the WIP.
Also there will be no comments on how it can be improved which is a bit silly, because in my opinion the team knows exactly how the map or any other object should look like.

It'd be silly if we were a normal project, yes. However. We DO know what its supposed to look like, thus we don't need comments. We fully realize where we are in regards to the series and references we have collected. This is the primary reason that we don't need extra 'advice'. You'd just be stating the obvious that we've already concluded, and prety much could never best the accuracy that the series shots provide us Smile

but maybe your perception of those shots isn't all that perfect. I don't think it's wise to be stating that you don't need any help at all. Because it's not true, you just woun't accept any.

Adeel View user's profile Send private message

Zeth's speech just confused me o.o Azurite care to explain Shocked

but maybe your perception of those shots isn't all that perfect. I don't think it's wise to be stating that you don't need any help at all. Because it's not true, you just woun't accept any.

How can you have perception on an image that's as bright as day? It's an image! Hehe. There are only so many ways you can percieve -- rock goes here, tree goes there, this is that color, etc. It's not that hard of a ooncept to grasp.

As long as you are able to tell the difference between ZEQ2 and the series in ANY way, then we have work that needs to be done. When the day comes that you cannot distinguish the two at all, our mission is done Razz

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Oh my lloyd... that means that all players will be frozen in time except the one that is powering up or charging an attack... Very Happy

obviously the series doesn't show every little rock that might be visible in the area. So there is some need for anticipation, guessing what might be there. Another example is the area between the mountains in the distance and the grassy area where it all happens. It does'nt go grass -> snowy mountain all of a sudden.

Oh my lloyd... that means that all players will be frozen in time except the one that is powering up or charging an attack... Very Happy

How do your ideas always rock so hard even though their in joke form Very Happy? Muhahaha.

obviously the series doesn't show every little rock that might be visible in the area. So there is some need for anticipation, guessing what might be there. Another example is the area between the mountains in the distance and the grassy area where it all happens. It does'nt go grass -> snowy mountain all of a sudden.

Perhaps its slipped my mind. I don't actually remember Goku, Piccolo, or Radditz fighting on the mountains in the background. Care to provide some references?

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Zeth show us some more pictures Very Happy please Smile with goku and radits fighthing or in a fighting position.THANKS

so the mountains woun't be included into the map? that's kind of dull.

Besides if I remember correctly a beam of radditz did hit one of the mountains. If that wouldn't be possible in zeq2, it wouldn't be exactly like the show, right? :p

here's reference material:

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

don't worry Very Happy you will be able to shoot beams strait into the mountains!

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

But it will be destructeble mountains? like a hole or a crater in the mountain

No, since there werent any holes/creaters on the mountains in the show Wink

Simple logic humens Smile

Besides if I remember correctly a beam of radditz did hit one of the mountains. If that wouldn't be possible in zeq2, it wouldn't be exactly like the show, right? :p

Perhaps its slipped my mind. I don't actually remember Goku, Piccolo, or Radditz fighting on the mountains in the background. Care to provide some references?

Like I said reading comprehension is the reason we won't be showing WIP materials any longer Wink

ok so you'll be able to shoot a beam against a wall that looks like a mountain, la ti da

ok so you'll be able to shoot a beam against a wall that looks like a mountain, la ti da

*looks around* Where in the heck are you pulling these thoughts from? *cough* Ninja.

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Like I said reading comprehension is the reason we won't be showing WIP materials any longer Wink

j00 fools, now look what you've done!!

@TRL: When he says you'll be able to shoot a beam into the mountains, he really means the mountains, not a wall, or sprite that looks like the mountains. Assumedly you'll also be able to fly into them, which means "the mountains" are a part of the playable/explorable game world.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Ok, I got to clear somethings up:

The mountains are part of a 3D skybox, which means players won't be able to go the mountains, and attacks will not 'hit' mountains either for as long as we use q3 and 3D skyboxes. Making the mountains part of the actual map would make these 2 things possible, but increase the size of the map. But what happens when you try to go past the mountains and look whats over the other side? Nothing? We can't make a backdrop for a backdrop now can we, since we don't know whats behind those mountains in the series Razz. And really, do the character go to the mountains in the series (or in that raditz battle, more precisly)? No. It dosn't make sense series and gameplay wise.

you could make a horizon of endless pine forest or something would look cool. But then again I'm not pleiting for the mountains to be in the map.

I wanted to know if it would be all grass hils and then suddenly poof! white mountains. You could seperate them through forest or something. Just some suggestions, but very likely you allready have a plan that's many times better. Razz

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Yeah, the plan is to use fog to blend it from grass hills to mountains Wink like the series does.

Athelstone Exceedingly Wise View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : But it will be destructeble mountains? like a hole or a crater in the mountain

Super Vegetto wrote : No, since there werent any holes/creaters on the mountains in the show

Simple logic humens

I don't want to contradict you, but there actually were holes/craters on the mountains in the show.

I don't have the energy or time to get involved in this discussion, but I would like to offer my 2 cents, if I may, to the ZEQ2 team.

I think it's fantastic to see you dedicating your time to something that you're passionate about, and investing your energy into something you really care about and enjoy.

However, I think you have to be careful. I know you're experts at what you do, but you ought to allow the fans to have their say. Regardless of whether or not these are work in progress screenshots, you ought to let the fans speak without any complaints.

If you do this, this community will flourish. There are so many communities in our modern world who are completely convinced that they are correct. A problem then arises when they cease to listen to other people. This is why we have so many problems in the world today, simply because individuals aren't open-minded enough.

I don't want to preach - all I'm saying is that for a community to flourish, discussion likewise needs to flourish without stifling of any sort. You don't have to agree with what others say, you only have to let them say it without any complaints, and have the courtesy to listen to them. With that, you have a harmonic environment which allows the flourishing of a community. The fans simply want to feel involved and immersed, and they want to feel that they are useful to you when they feel compelled to offer their thoughts, as I'm now doing.

Best Regards.

Super Vegetto wrote : No, since there werent any holes/creaters on the mountains in the show

I don't want to contradict you, but there actually were holes/craters on the mountains in the show.

Obviously. Research on tidbits is typically done by me (and the referencer team we lack). I am well aware of the mountain and its relation to the scene. Most of us in the team make comments based on prior unresearched knowledge (which is as good as the next DBZ fan) without regard to advanced research. Although our comments SHOULD be taken to heart, note that final significance of such comments should NOT -- as information is prone to circulate from the researchers and their assignments.

If you do this, this community will flourish. There are so many communities in our modern world who are completely convinced that they are correct. A problem then arises when they cease to listen to other people. This is why we have so many problems in the world today, simply because individuals aren't open-minded enough.

It's not that we aren't allowing room for discussion, it's merely that people are not understanding the concept of a WIP map and furthermore reading the plans that we've already noted.

By all basis of the situation, you, as ZEQ2 supporter, should ASSUME we are breaking down the series into millions of TOTAL frame by frames from every episode then spending EXTENSIVE time studying the effects -- AS we are.

Additionally some fans seem to misunderstand their roles. As supporters for the project, you have pretty much little say in the development process. Harsh as it may seem, this is true. Boasting that a project cannot survive without community is foolhardy in itself. The project's success depends almost SOLEY on the time we have available and efforts we put it into it. Some other communities may overly abuse or extensively pamper it's fans to get results -- we choose merely to seperate the two entirely. Perceive it as you will, it's not being boastfully arrogant or conceited in ANY way. Altogether different rather we are HIGHLY focused on the goals we have in mind.

Basically it falls down to this. Creative suggestions without full series basis would null since they conflict with our primary goal. Series based suggestions are already taken into account since we are doing full-depthed research to make DBZ an EXACT science.

Pestering this situation is only detracting our attention and efforts from the project. Logically if we did not have to deal with and carefully explain the events each time, we would have more time and inspiration available to work on the project. Think about that. Think carefully.

=O! *shocked*
I watched those episodes a few nights ago and I swear...I havent seen that specific scene...

I did turn out to be mistaken then D: I'm still suprised though...
I couldnt have missed it...

Gonna base my words on solid material from now on...Embarassed

Athelstone Exceedingly Wise View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

Zeth, I can understand you have an attachment to your project because it is really precious to you. And consequently, you're protective of it when individuals in the community speak up and offer criticism. I can understand that.

Zeth wrote : Pestering this situation is only detracting our attention and efforts from the project.

Zeth wrote : Boasting that a project cannot survive without community is foolhardy in itself.

I think you should appreciate that I'm not boasting or pestering you. I'm merely offering some advice. As I said in my previous post, you are free to ignore it. If you think a community is not important to a games survival, then that's entirely up to you. You're entitled to believe what you choose to believe, just as everyone on Earth is. The only point I'm making is that individuals be allowed to say what they want to say, just as you and I have said what we want to say. At the end of the day, these are just words, and have no impact on the work your team is doing. It's nothing to get heated about, because what I've said is simply food for thought, and nothing more.

Best regards.

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472