Content

1, 2  >>

Combos

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

I sugest if the team can make a combo like in budokai 3 when you teleport and kick and then teleport teleport kick and soo on. Shocked Or to go in hypermode Very Happy that will be cool

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

zeq2 will be cool, cool as ice

no worries!

Cosmin View user's profile Send private message

Wow this is nice.But I don't now if the team can make that.It would be very awesome Surprised

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

They can make it.They said it makes all that it happened in DBZ and this Very Happy happen in DBZ so yeah Exclamation Smile

Razma View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : zeq2 will be cool, cool as ice

no worries!

Now thats what I call the ultimate answer,you don't help in anyway and just talk trash still you let the team look so they probaly won't say anything.Congratulation sir.

Anyway,there arent any details about the mêlée system but its free to assume that there will be some combo system,dunno about the teleportation though.

And also stop saying "y0 it happened in DBZ so it will be here too!".
In DBZ the people destroyed whole planets with a attack,you won't see that here in the same dimension.
There source is still limited,even free.

sorry but it wasn't meant negative

I mean it

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Anyway,there arent any details about the mêlée system but its free to assume that there will be some combo system,dunno about the teleportation though.

And also stop saying "y0 it happened in DBZ so it will be here too!".
In DBZ the people destroyed whole planets with a attack,you won't see that here in the same dimension.
There source is still limited,even free.

My my, what assumptions! You sure are knowledgable of the inner workings and plans of ZEQ2 Wink.

Although this is a super rare case that will probably NEVER occur again ... I'm going to have to agree with TRL's answer. If the series had it -- you can sure bet that we're striving to achieve it. This only goes as far as series mechanics, of course, not in DIRECT relation to plot development.

*laughing out loud* zeth you twerp!

Bradimus Prime Razz

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

I think the zeq2 team will try not to make everything realtime... I base this assumption on the following:

ZEQ2 is a Quake 3 driven strategic fighting Dragon Ball Z based experience.

And the fact that a fast paced combo oriented game (take ONI if you wish) does not tolerate any lag...
Since the best you can come up in online games is about 30 - 40 ms, that leaves only 2 options:
-Slower-paced fights.
-Some kind of advanced scripting, or predetermined reactions, hence, giving the "strategic" part, and eliminating any lag issues while in combat.

These are my 0.02$ Razz

Nice one punio

Zeth wrote :
My my, what assumptions! You sure are knowledgable of the inner workings and plans of ZEQ2 Wink.

I base my opinion on what a outsider can know.
Sentences like this are unnecessarily.
Well as long as you don't want to make me a nothing doing team member that is Very Happy

Although this is a super rare case that will probably NEVER occur again ... I'm going to have to agree with TRL's answer. If the series had it -- you can sure bet that we're striving to achieve it. This only goes as far as series mechanics, of course, not in DIRECT relation to plot development.

Now this answer is good.But our friend here keeps screaming "will be like series!",he doesnt set any restrictions on that and thats simply a lie.
Its improbable to make the game totaly like the series in every aspect.You can come close in most and even be accurate with some but you just won't be able to make it 100% like the series because there are just to many factors who can't be implanted usefully in a game.
Again this is the opinion of an outsider so keep the "now now don't you know much about the team plans?" sentence in your belly.

[edit] dmit fu** whats with this forums software?

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Razma, we say 'Check if the series has it' because some forummembers just ask the most sweeet questions you can come up with.
We say it so next time theyll think by themselves:'Hmmm did the series have it"? And if the answer is yes, you don't have to go to the forum to ask the question since ZEQ2 will most likely implement it too then.

Its more in terms like, ask a witty question, get a witty answer.

*laughing out loud* japieja seriously answering? crazy! Razz

But your right you know

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

I don't get it. There was never any teleport in the series right? I thought it was all high speed flight that was to fast for the eye to see. Wich apeard like teleport.

But I could be rong though...

You know what really starts to nibble me of is TRLs spam.Im a little bit sensible in that way though.

Actually there was,but it wasnt used in many fights(the only one I can remember right now is Goku versus Metal Cooler)the rest was high speed.But because its to fast to see anyway you also could call it some kind of teleportation.So you are right in nearly all aspects ^^

Would be hard to get into a game though,I mean this high speed which was actually used in DBZ.

Razma I would so like to crush you right now, tell it to my face next time.

On topic I think speed is a relative term so why wouldn't it be doable to implement that kind of speed.

Well, I don't think its possible either, since in DBZ they may still have the same accuracy when going High Speed, I am most certain we will lose that accuracy.

And I don't think slowing the rest down, which makes us look faster will work.
So, if we can have this superspeed boost, we won't be able to do allot cause we will just lose the accuracy in aiming and stopping on the right position and stuff like that.

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Shouldn't you guys see it more in the terms of "if it happened in the series, it may as well happen in ZEQ2". If a player has a higher PL than you he's ought to be able to move faster and ultimately disappear from your view when moving fast, right? And maybe he decided to appear next to you, who knows.

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Most of it would have to be effects.
Take Battlefield 2 - Modren Combat.
You know when you switch between soldiers.
Its more the effects that make the speed. So effects are half the work. So if there was a way to just make it seem for other players that you teleported but for you that you flew at super speed...

Then again. There is like no way you can code that.

(Oh en teleport isn't controleable anyway. It just plants you somewhere)

What TRL?Do you have a problem?You spam,no question on that so stand up for your doing or stop wasting space with it

Well there are ways to emulate this speed but not with much controle over it like Japieja already mentioned.
We already saw the charged jump a year back,you could use such a animation for it(or on a better level Jehuty and Anubis Zero Shift,Zone of the Enders anyone?)and emulate high speed like that.Would look great and even work somewhat but can't think about a way to make it more controllable than press button and appear somewhere.

[edit]ney for all the people who don't know zoe(guess there are quite some),here is a gif of zero-shift
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/zoe2/english/pic/subweapons_z_shift_anime.gif

beware 56k users or you might start to cry ^^

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

I think the teleport, which can't be controlled, isn't right for a DBZ game mostly for Zeq2, becuase the one with the lowest PL would think that his opponent teleported, but in fact he moved in a fast pace, and the one who has the highest PL can control his movement.

I don't know if it's possible but I think it could be made in such a way that you move a little fast, thus you can control your movement, and your opponent (with a low PL) would think that you teleported.

yeah BUT, even though you control it its still hard to control it the way you want it.

Take for example a fast car, you CAN go as fast as you want, but to manouvre it will become harder and harder the faster you go. If you have a slow car you can manouvre it with much more ease...

Same will happen ingame, you go faster, but you lose the overall view of the battle, and you get less accurate, cause we just can't keep up with the speed. Were not build for it (the humanbody and reflexes I mean) Razz

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

yeah BUT, even though you control it its still hard to control it the way you want it.

Take for example a fast car, you CAN go as fast as you want, but to manouvre it will become harder and harder the faster you go. If you have a slow car you can manouvre it with much more ease...

Same will happen ingame, you go faster, but you lose the overall view of the battle, and you get less accurate, cause we just can't keep up with the speed. Were not build for it (the humanbody and reflexes I mean) Razz

OK maybe you have a point, but then how can it be made?
I think it would be un balanced if you can chose exactly the point where you want to go, so I'll stick with my opinion for now.

Michel View user's profile Send private message

What defines DBZ the most in my opinion is its beams and swift attacks. The beams can be implemented with ease, but those swift attacks are hard for the arguments already given. Creating a system that works and gives you the same feeling is the challenge. So anybody got an idea how to implement such a system...? Perhaps some ideas to make the battling less boring?

Japieja wrote : yeah BUT, even though you control it its still hard to control it the way you want it.

That's very right japieja but think about this the more power you have, the harder it gets to control it the right way. Buu being a perfect example of this, all his fighting is random at best.

So I'd say implement uber superfast movement, the ones who will be able to control it, will be gratefied by the advantages it has. If you can't play the game, don't play it...

For the newbies you could even insert training wheels with an auto aim like feature comparable to legends and sparking, which maybe can be turned on and off. So you automatically swoop into the direction of the opponent you choose (invision through his powerlevel. Clicking his dot on the radar might be a handy way for doing this.

That's just my 50 pence

Razma I don't have a problem wit me spamming sometimes. I'm sorry if you do.

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472