Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Fatalitie

Zajac View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

I mean when someone have got low hp, other can do fatalitie to him, and finish him, for example:
Dr. Gero- fatalitie as he finished Yamcha
Trunks- when he finished Frieza
and things like that, what do you think of it? Battles could look realistic... and, SERIES HAD FATALITIES SO you HAVE TO DO IT, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 02, 2006

It isn't a Mortal Combat fighting game.
It arn't "Fatalities", it are normal attacks.
They are just more powerful then the oponent.
That causes them to die. If you look at it that way. ZEQ II will have it for sure.

Reply with quote Monday, April 03, 2006

But I wanna lot of blood in them Razz

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

If you want blood play mortal kombat, zeq2 is being true to the show and there wasn't a lot of blood in dbz. Not nearly as much as some other anime. The series did not have "fatalities". I mean people died, but not "executioner" style. Well except maybe when Freeza killed Krillen, but still, that's different.

NDevil View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : If you want blood play mortal kombat, zeq2 is being true to the show and there wasn't a lot of blood in dbz. Not nearly as much as some other anime. The series did not have "fatalities". I mean people died, but not "executioner" style. Well except maybe when Freeza killed Krillen, but still, that's different.

well there is lots of blood in the uncut series Very Happy

Razma View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : If you want blood play mortal kombat, zeq2 is being true to the show and there wasn't a lot of blood in dbz. Not nearly as much as some other anime. The series did not have "fatalities". I mean people died, but not "executioner" style. Well except maybe when Freeza killed Krillen, but still, that's different.

You must be joking,sure it is no Berserk but no blood?
Ever watched the original japanese version?

don't like the idea of fatalities though,they never were part of DB at all.

*laughing out loud*, you can say that when you watched cenzored DBZ, os there was a lot of blood, there werent blood when someone died from ki wava or just like you said the krilling, we don't see blood, we just see parts of Krilin in the air. And the fatalities could be cool when it will be make them hard, for example when other character have got only 1hp or something

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Forget fatalities. It is useless. If you wanna finish off someone, use an attack. It's like that in the series. Noone had a fatality move, just an overkill.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Dunno, I think launching a full-power Big-Bang to an opponent with very low hp, would be pretty cruel Wink And if I understood correctly the bodies are going blow apart. If THAT is correct then this thingy with big-bang would really be very fatalitie-ish Very Happy

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Please read my post again. I didn't say there was NO blood in dbz, I said there wasn't a lot of blood in dbz. There were some scenes that were pretty bloody, but overall dbz isn't a very bloody anime. My point is it would totally take away from the dbz feeling if there was tons of blood and fatalities.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 04, 2006

There were some scenes that were pretty bloody...

Not in the English version -- which ZEQ2 is primarily based.

Big-Bang to an opponent with very low hp

"HP" does not exist in the DBZ world. Wink

And the fatalities could be cool when it will be make them hard, for example when other character have got only 1hp or something

Fatalities speaking generally about the word's meaning (death by occurence) will exist naturally. Pre-determined special events based on player status shall not. The series did not have these.

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

"HP" does not exist in the DBZ world.

Wow, that rocked my world right there ^^

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

that is an interesting idea tho...

that gives me another idea....would it be possible to do a different animation depending on how the person is killed......

like..if oyu get blasted to death by an big energy wave or a spirit bomb...have then disntergrate like cell...n buu n stuff, an there is not compelte body left....

and maybe...if it's likea distructo disk..or a sword... ok frieza sliting beam.....have them get cut in two...

stuff like that...that might be interesting

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

well ofcourse som eone won't be sliced in too if they are hit by a spirit bomb...seems kind of logical Razz

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

There were some scenes that were pretty bloody...

Not in the English version -- which ZEQ2 is primarily based.

Big-Bang to an opponent with very low hp

"HP" does not exist in the DBZ world. Wink

And the fatalities could be cool when it will be make them hard, for example when other character have got only 1hp or something

Fatalities speaking generally about the word's meaning (death by occurence) will exist naturally. Pre-determined special events based on player status shall not. The series did not have these.

No HP, eh? SO, how would one know how much it's left for him/her Wink ?

No HP, eh? SO, how would one know how much it's left for him/her Wink ?

Very carefully, my friend . That's for me to know, and you to... not. Hehe. Watch out for an update in regard to it. Seriously. It might sneak up and scare the bajeesus out of ya -- those updates can be wiley buggers Razz

Goku : Freeza, you fool! Admit defeat! You only have 17HP left. Just give up!
Freeza : Grrr! Foolish saiyan monkey! Just you wait ... *cue bad voiceover* till I find a merchant who sells health potions.

Part of each sentence is uncharacteristic of the series. Can you find it? Surprised

*laughing out loud*, so there will be life bar of course Cool

Life bar? Of course. I think it's safe to say we ALL remember the giant floating bar on the side of the screen throughout the series, right? Rolling Eyes

lifeBar.jpg

lifeBar.jpg

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

no hud then?

maybe a signal from the body when you get low on life energy. Like for example fainting? That be a great idea and would add some suspence not knowing your exact critical state.

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Thank you TRL Very Happy now we're getting somewhere Razz hehe
Think...series!
How did you know when a character was low on health?
rough breathing, wounds...stuff like that =]

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Zeq2 amazes me every day Very Happy

Don't stop I'd say

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :

Goku : Freeza, you fool! Admit defeat! You only have 17HP left. Just give up!
Freeza : Grrr! Foolish saiyan monkey! Just you wait ... *cue bad voiceover* till I find a merchant who sells health potions.

Part of each sentence is uncharacteristic of the series. Can you find it? :Oh

just... can't stop laughing!!!
Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy
this is too funny

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Ofcourse... there will have to be the Q3 sound when you hit someone... just like in the series Very Happy
Aaand... ofcourse a big part of the hud will be where you track your frags... just like in the series...
Oooo... and healthpacks and armor... and pick-up-able weapons... just like in the series...

I'm... gonna stick around now...

EDIT:

the filter is RADICAL...
if I say "pass me the lip balm" that doesn't translate into stick around...

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

No hud but wounds, rough breathing and other factors?
Now that's going to be interesting and amazingly good.

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

surely! It would be great experience hp is too simply for dbz series,
I think that works like an stamina and energy that gradually decreases depending of the effort of the move that you do
so you have to hide and rest for a while, or eat, or find a miraculous curative power to regain the strength!

EDIT! -> and of course... the damage taken surelly drains stamina and some energy Very Happy

this remembers me call of duty 2
theres no hp of course, and a very simple hud only with the essential, and if you aren't hit critically you can recover...

1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472