Content

1, 2  >>

Instant Transmision/Damage Cloths

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 03, 2006

OK firsth instant transmision for goku and cooler maybe.How it will work? Simple every character will have a special tehnique (unique) for example Goku with instant trasmit you just have to push an special button and a red line will appear in front of you and you change with the mouse the location.Now damage cloths it will be awesome if you are fighthing and when you have aproximativ 30 at life the cloths will broke like in the series Very Happy thats if for NOWWW!!!!! Very Happy

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Clothes is already been talked about.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Number of characters in the game multiply by how many transformations they have, multiply by having various damage models and skins of each character and transformation = OH MY GOODNESS NEED LOTS OF MEMORY! Shocked

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

But memory we have Mdave, memory we have!

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Some don't though Razz
We're also creating a friendly game here Smile

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : But memory we have Mdave, memory we have!

I'm afraid 256 is not enough for that case.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

thank lloyd I got 1536 Razz

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Japieja wrote : thank lloyd I got 1536 Razz

1536 MB video ram???? ZOMFGWTF!!!11 Very Happy

Michel View user's profile Send private message

Well... it depends on how you implement damage cloths. How would you imagine this? Could you describe this?

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 04, 2006

You could also make it target box induced. With every limb being able to be hurt seperately. With 2 kinds of damage:
-just blood and bruises
-total numbness and loss of function (if your head gets this your dead!)

Every limb could get it's own hp and defense stats, the head being very low on hp but relatively strong on defense.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Well, I think I remember having hitboxes mentioned. Probably will be done anyway, seeing as it did happen in the series. Like with namekians having their limbs burnt off or torn out, or Gohan breaking his arm in the Cell saga.

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Hahaha Buu fighting without a head XD would be awesome to have!!!

*takes note*

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 07, 2006

I think having limbs blown off could get rather complicated. Also personally I wouldn't like the idea of every limb having it's own hp, I would just feel like I was playing a mech game. Maybe if your powerlevel was low you could lose abilities in your arms or whatever, but even then... Also what happens when you lose an arm? You can only use one then, for ki and mêlée attacks, it would be awkward and would the power of your attacks lessen since you only are using on arm? There's a lot of factors. in my opinion if used it should just be something cosmetic for nameks, since they can just grow it back. (although why implement it if they're just going to grow it back right away?)

SlasH View user's profile Send private message

About ripping clothes of forget it...no way...first of all it is hard to do..and will use a lot of your pc resources as some of the guys said..
And about specials what the heck!!!!!
your trying to do EVM Stuff here..this isn't a regulary mod and it will rocks having things done the same way as EVM or EVS and so on....
maybe you'll suggest a special for vegeta Ultimate sacrifice right....???????
anyway im against those two
ofcourse there's another way of doing the clothing damage...but kinda hard
you make a new model which is only the clothes and dress the char in them..but don't think it will work...
and for the hitboxes in my opinion this should stay cause it makes the game more realistic....just do the damage equal for every part cause it will be witty hitting someone with an energy attack in the head and he dies...and there the sign "Headshot" Confused

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : I think having limbs blown off could get rather complicated. Also personally I wouldn't like the idea of every limb having it's own hp, I would just feel like I was playing a mech game. Maybe if your powerlevel was low you could lose abilities in your arms or whatever, but even then... Also what happens when you lose an arm? You can only use one then, for ki and mêlée attacks, it would be awkward and would the power of your attacks lessen since you only are using on arm? There's a lot of factors. in my opinion if used it should just be something cosmetic for nameks, since they can just grow it back. (although why implement it if they're just going to grow it back right away?)

From an FPS'ers point of view yea each limb having it's own hp does sound extremely ticklish, however this is a DBZ game which follows the show as truly as possible. So really if you wanna be true to the show you would have to have it *laughing out loud*. Instant Transmission huh, sounds complicated especially if you want to keep it true to the show Goku:"Take my hand Vegeta", Vegeta:"UGH!!"" *Z0o0o0o0o0oM*. I guess it could be quite handy in a TDM if your team is in trouble fly over Instant Transmission their arse outta there, compliiiicaaateeed, MUCH!!

Tranx View user's profile Send private message

I don't like too much battle damage(effects) because it will only lag and crash my PC. I have a 256ram and a crappy video card. Sad

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

People with PC specification which date way back to the Precambrian should be able to shut the damage clothing off.
Valve steam statistic note that;
60% of all gamers there have 512MB or above.

How much memory would damaged clothes cost?
Well let's assume that a skin is 2MB, which is pretty larger for a skin.(Ofcourse when you use lacking resolution of 1024x1024, its not much hehe)

2MB for normal skin, 2MB for damaged skin makes 4MB.

Let's say with 32 unique characters, that would make 4x32=128MB.(This means 32 players are within 10 metres(3 feet) of your location, so that LOD doesnt kick in)
And we will give the map, special effects 25MB of video resources.

According to my system resources, with 7 bots and in a very big map, Quake 3 uses 15MB max :X.....
Well lets say ZEQ2 in more intensive on my system memory, lets say 50MB.(don't see it as realistic, but whatever)

Now my slowest system that I have in my house is a Athlon 1000 with 512MB SDram(lets make it 256MB for the example), Geforce 4 Ti 4800SE 128MB.

Windows XP takes, without too much unnecessary junk about 150MB.

Now lets put our system in the most heavy situation which ZEQ2 has to offer.
System Ram 256-200(windows and zeq2)=56MB
Videocard Ram 128-153=25MB
-25MB for system ram, because video Ram is full.

So you have a netto remaining ram of 31MB.

So ram shouldnt be an issue. Also if you don't have enough, your disk will go swapping. Although its very slow, you first need 32 players with in 10 metres(feet), have a gigantic map(What are the chances that you will have +10 people within 10 metres radius) and a computer that was made with sticks and stones.

I don't really see what the problem is......

I think you're wrong Devion, too much effects will lag the game. There must be an option for the battle damage effects so it can be turned off.

Here is my specs.
256ram
Geforce 2 mx
40GB HDD

Here's some reference for you:

ZEQ2's Goku (with no other forms), when uncompressed from the pk3 (so the game can use the data) is about 10 MB. Thats thanks to the model files mainly, and the sounds for Goku. Now, the the skin files are JPG's but when Q3 loads them into memory, they're like BMP's in size. So 3 512x512 plus an additonal 512x512 for his selectable non-emblem GI skin, when turned into BMP's take up a LOT of RAM Razz So thats over 10MB for one character, with no other forms! Lets say Goku is finished and has all his forms: normal, ssj, ssj2, ssj3 x 10mb = 40mb. Ok thats not going to be accurate because we won't need to make seperate models for his legs and torso in his ssj forms, so total is about 20mb. Now, since damaged clothing models are to replace pretty much every aspect of the character files, model, skin etc. it means that your going to see double the memory usage for one character damaged model, about 40mb in total. If we want different stages of damage to the character, add another 20mb each time. Heck, 40mb minimum for a character with all their forms and ONE damage variant is a lot. 40mb x how many different character there will be in the map, and the map data itself (which can be huge, about 20 ~ 30mb for the BSP alone for one of our maps!) Add all the unique textures as BMP's and man, we're not left with a lot of memory, especially for someone with 256mb or perhaps even 512mb if they want to play on servers with lots of people! Razz

Also, I'm not including the way Q3 handles memory, which I'm RiO sure can tell you guys from experience, isn't very nice Razz

However, if we used different file formats for models and maps even ... memory usage could go way down. Wink

Will my PC specs be able to run ZEQ2? I remember playing BFP a long time ago, and it always crash my PC and it say's low memory.

Edit:
Ok nevermind my question, because I don't want to read the painful truth. Smile

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

I think that there's no special attacks,
each character has it's own habilities
an exemple is goku's/cell instant transmission
vegeta surelly will have the ultimate sacrifice in buu saga and it's not an special attack/ability, each technique has it's complexity Very Happy and in the series they do at their will... and possibility
make a jenkidama must be a pain hehehe

EDIT: Hmm I'm glad that I have an
galactic federation 6600 256 and
and 1,5GB RAM

but the usage of the memory can be reduced in the game config?
lowering the resolution and, the quality?

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Tranx wrote : Here is my specs.
256ram
Geforce 2 mx
40GB HDD

Dude... Upgrade, sounds like your typical package PC my sis has a similar spec..

900mhz
Geforce 2 Mx 32mb
256mb

With those specs you can get like 100fps on Quake-III-Arena I doubt it'd be able to run much else though, besides the games that where out when your PC was in it's prime ofcourse. When I had those specs I'd set XP to maximum performance give myself a larger page file for virtual memory, and set all the nvidia graphic driver settings to best performance. If you did that, I think you'd find a noticable improvement when playing Q3 or BFP, nothing awesome mind, it'd just feel a lil smoother.

@MDave, forgot the actual 3D model itself.

Still it should be an option, most of the fans do have enough memory.

Should be an option? Are blaize and SV up to doing damage variants for each and every character and FORM? And then me re-exporting re-rigged models? Razz It would defintely be nice, but its not going to happen for a long while, after we release it could be one of those added features Wink But in the immediate future, I think we'll have to make do with skin damage only.

MDave wrote : Should be an option? Are blaize and SV up to doing damage variants for each and every character and FORM? And then me re-exporting re-rigged models? Razz It would defintely be nice, but its not going to happen for a long while, after we release it could be one of those added features Wink But in the immediate future, I think we'll have to make do with skin damage only.

I was refering to the skin damage not actual 3D damage.

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472