Reply with quote Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I think that I got it!

It's like when you use a special move in the Capcom Vs series

it apears a picture of the character in top cornner of the screen
it will happen the same when you detect someone in the auto mode alerting you
is this?

Andreyesf Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

WE are all confused here.Maybe the team will show us a picture in the game with "the sense" (NOT MOVIE just a picture) Embarassed

Tranx View user's profile Send private message

Maybe the PIP(Picture in picture) will be like this. Smile

[/img]

Sample.JPG

Sample.JPG

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

for sure... better than my mspaint hehe
Very Happy

but I think is the one with the little in the left better for auto sensing

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Here's an example and a 5 second made pic Razz

When sensing someone approaching that wasn't in your nearby radius before, you might get a picture of your character and have a line run through his/her head (as the series does) as they say the approaching power signature's identity. Goku, for example sensing Piccolo approaching would say "Huh? Piccolo!". The more extreme the energy level of the event, the further away it can be sensed. This would give almost a GLOBAL map-wide character shocked face with line effect when Goku goes SSJ3.

PIP and sensing also serves a certain gameplay perk, which has yet to be revealed Wink

pip_explanation.jpg

pip_explanation.jpg

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Doesn't matter dave, I can still see that you drew Piccolo.... oh wait, thats Gotenks Razz

zane View user's profile Send private message

Wow, is that ingame?

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Sugar & Cocaine wrote : WE are all confused here.Maybe the team will show us a picture in the game with "the sense" (NOT MOVIE just a picture) Embarassed

I'm not confused, and I'm sure many others aren't either. But nice try anyway.

I wonder how will work the manual sense Very Happy

something like Budokai Tenkaichi (Playstation 2)?
(in this... is only one vs one)

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Manual Sensing:

When sensing outside of auto-sense, the bottom square of your PIP set will be used to locate the energy signature you are searching for (to find player signatures not nearby or effecting you). As your power level increases, the range at which you can sense energy increases somewhat. That said, the lower a players current power level, the less radius they can be sensed from.

Razma wrote : Sorry to disappoint you but fragging and "strategic fighting" doesnt have to exclude eachother.
In fact in most games you won't obtain a kill without any kind of strategic combat *looks at BF2*.

The more I hear about the new ZEQ2 the more I doubt it will appeal to many people.
Well we will see about that.
Maybe we just have different definitions of fragging.

Sorry I missed out replying to this one.

I think we do have different definitions of fragging Razz I was thinking of like, insta-gib and 10 second matches with a player in q3, or split second confrontations in CS Razz We are not going to use the same formula other fps's use, players are going to (hopefully) fight around for quite a bit longer then 1 minute Razz

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Razma wrote :
@Forza:
You compare the more than dull BFP with what ZEQ seems to become?isn't that an insult for the team members?^_-

If you call it comparing that's your opinion. But if you want some fast fragging, then BFP is perfect.

Razma View user's profile Send private message

We have different definitions of fraggings,for me it is simply a synonym(is that word even used in english?) for (player)killing.

I sure don't hope that kills will occure every 10sec in zeq,simply wouldnt be accurate to the anime in any way and ruin the fun.

And Forza for me it sounded like that.Thats not a opinion,simply a matter of how you formulated it.

MDave wrote : Manual Sensing:

When sensing outside of auto-sense, the bottom square of your PIP set will be used to locate the energy signature you are searching for (to find player signatures not nearby or effecting you). As your power level increases, the range at which you can sense energy increases somewhat. That said, the lower a players current power level, the less radius they can be sensed from.

Pretty interesting Razz
thanks MDave, now it's all clear Very Happy
this is perfectly balanced indeed

should be a pain to a weak char find another Razz hehehe
and very easy to hide from someone stronger
just like the series in namekusei Very Happy

SlasH View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 06, 2006

OK.....firts of all the early concept of ZEQ2 was that the battles don't go as in BFP.... I mean you stun him..shoot an attack and he's dead...nope on the old forum it was said that a battle can be long 10min minimum...
and just think about it...imagine playing ZEQ2 and having the sensing ability...the enemy knocks you in a rock and than starts charging an attack...you'll sense it and will have plenty of time to avoid(I think on the old forums it was said that if your stunned and your not on low health you'll be able to snap out of it pretty fast)soo practicaly you see..to kill an enemy won't be that easy like in the witty esf where you charge an attack and shoot it...and if you hit you kill..
ONtopic now...yeah the sensing system has very clever design...and the slice screen is exaclty like in the anime...good job there Zeth Smile
one more thing is this only a concept or its already coded

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Actually fast fragging should be possible.

Just look at Vegeta vs Guiw(or however he was called, the purple guy), Vegeta just blasted Guiw with no real effort and their pl difference was pretty small, just a few thousand.

dale_22x View user's profile Send private message

no..ther difference in power level was a lot more if I remmber correctly...I just don't think kiwi was aware of that because vegeta was weaker than him when he last saw him.

besides.....the majority of fights last much longer, and the whole idea is it gets really boring after a while when it's becomes so easy to kill people, the main reason why BFP only lasted about 2 hours for me.

tommety View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote : Actually fast fragging should be possible.

Just look at Vegeta vs Guiw(or however he was called, the purple guy), Vegeta just blasted Guiw with no real effort and their pl difference was pretty small, just a few thousand.

if you mean that first person Vegeta ran into just after he landed, well it looked smaller at first but vegeta then said 'I have learned to hide my power!' and then he boosted his powerlevel to about 24K (that big pink blob said that to freeza just after vegeta killed that purple dude) and is was never that clear how strong the purple dude really was, I guess around 18k?

plus, the lower the amount of power, the bigger the difference in power feels relatively

I mean take 24000 opposed to 18000 makes vegeta
25% stronger with only 6000 power difference
As where goku vs ginyu (180000 vs 120000)
goku was about 33% stronger with 60000 powerdifference. and goku could have blasted ginyu to bits just as well, goku was just too much of a goody-two-shoes to do it.

and remember, the team means long lasting fights between opponents of equal PL.

I guess a player with a PL of 1000 will not stay alive for more then 3 seconds VS. a SSJ2 who isn't even trying that hard to kill him.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Dale's right on this one. Kewi only thought Vegeta's power level was close to his own. In reality it was not; easily double as much.

When comparing power level differences, think in ratio percentages rather than finite numbers. Although a difference of 3000 and 4000 might have been a a lot earlier on, the difference between 300,000 and even 310,000 (an extra 10K) later wasn't as drastic due to the percentage relations.

EDIT : It seems tommety beat me to the punch Very Happy

SlasH View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 07, 2006

yeah he killed him so easy cause kiwi wasnt expecting anything...this factor occured a few times in the series...where the pl was almost equal but one of the fighters wasnt in battle mode and got killed by single attack cause he wasnt ready
I think this concept is in already but if it isn't it should be cause its very important factor

tommety wrote :

Devion wrote : Actually fast fragging should be possible.

if you mean that first person Vegeta ran into just after he landed, well it looked smaller at first but vegeta then said 'I have learned to hide my power!' and then he boosted his powerlevel to about 24K (that big pink blob said that to freeza just after vegeta killed that purple dude) and is was never that clear how strong the purple dude really was, I guess around 18k?

plus, the lower the amount of power, the bigger the difference in power feels relatively

I mean take 24000 opposed to 18000 makes vegeta
25% stronger with only 6000 power difference
As where goku vs ginyu (180000 vs 120000)
goku was about 33% stronger with 60000 powerdifference. and goku could have blasted ginyu to bits just as well, goku was just too much of a goody-two-shoes to do it.

and remember, the team means long lasting fights between opponents of equal PL.

I guess a player with a PL of 1000 will not stay alive for more then 3 seconds VS. a SSJ2 who isn't even trying that hard to kill him.

I already figured out that it worked in ratio's, but that idea is also flawed.

Let's say Piccolo, Goku VS Raditz, only with concentrated beams could they match Raditz powerlevel, but still Raditz had hard time trying to kill them both. And that ratio was 1:4 almost.
Or it could be that Raditz sucked at fighting >_>.

(Ratio Piccolo, Goku 1:4 Raditz)

Or Nappa VS Z-fighters. Nappa had about 8,000 and the Z-Fighters varied between 1,000 and 1,500. Still Nappa couldnt kill them easily.(He played with Gohan, but when Piccolo defended Gohan VS Nappa mouthblast(Or normal beam) Piccolo did not even vaporize)
And may I remind you that Nappa was 8 times as strong :X. Unless you are telling me that Nappa also sucked at fighting.

(Ratio Z-Fighters 1:8 Nappa)

Another example! (you)SSJ Vegeta VS (Im)perfect Cell(2nd form). Vegeta just toyed with him. He could easily killed him in 1 blast. But their PL ratio wasnt as big as lets say, the Nappa VS Z-fighters fight.

(Ratio (Im)perfect Cell 3:4 (you)SSJ Vegeta)

And I can take 10 other examples, where the ratio/percentage doesnt make sense. Smile

tommety View user's profile Send private message

true, I admit that the series seem to have a weird way of showing PL difference and its effects, the nappa using a full powered blast (you could tell he was 'annoyed' when he shot that mouth blas) shows it best indeed.

Maybe the team will bring forth on how Pl difference will work.
----
bah, nvm that last bit about the team clearing up on how it will work.... I should pay more attention on what's added between my last post/visit and the next visit...

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

ok I know you want hear that but: there is sooo mutch gooey insides in DBZ that its very liklie that they just stretched some fights (like goku vs frieza) so if you wanna be really sure read the manga^^

there's some reference of the true pl of the warriors?
an official information...??

in the series after friezza there's no more scoutters...
we just see the differences btwen powers

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Dan the Rebirth wrote : ok I know you want hear that but: there is sooo mutch gooey insides in DBZ that its very liklie that they just stretched some fights (like goku vs frieza) so if you wanna be really sure read the manga^^

They're basing the game on the series, not on the manga.

Valgar wrote : there's some reference of the true pl of the warriors?
an official information...??

in the series after friezza there's no more scoutters...
we just see the differences btwen powers

I'm going with the PL levels the sites give.

I once read how they got the actual PL information, just forgot how, but it was reliable.

<<  1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472