Content

1, 2  >>

Rebirth, Manga-mode , and BGM Question

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, April 06, 2006

I hope that zeq2 don't will get another rebirth^^
I think its the 3. or 4. restart ot the mod/game
ok it always gets better but but it don't comes mutch forwart, I mean the hole concept and models and maps allways gets renewed....not do this again Razz

by the way can you may make a panal where we can see some old models and the newer ones, so that we can see the changes over the years....I think ther shut be 3 or 4 differend now

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

I hope that zeq2 don't will get another rebirth^^
I think its the 3. or 4. restart ot the mod/game
ok it always gets better but but it don't comes mutch forwart, I mean the hole concept and models and maps allways gets renewed....not do this again Razz

Rebirth? Oh. You mean improving. You hope that ZEQ2 won't improve anymore? Aww. I don't know what anyone else thinks about that concept. We live in a graphic trendy gaming world, my friend Wink

yea and no...
I mean if you make the models again and again you never will come forward...I mean think about how many models you had one year ago and you will totaly redo them all and it allways will take 1more year tu do it so zeq2 never will come out...ok if you do some lil changes I will sey YES!! do it but don't change the hole concept everytime

but I also have a nice idea....when everything is done so far, add an aditional grafik stil, at the beginning, years ago, you said you will incloud both realistic and cel shade....well I think now we only will get anime stil but what would you think about B&W? I mean Manga stil I think that also would look cool do you think thats posible?

ps.: I know my english isn't the best but I dislike typing anyways Wink

Valgar View user's profile Send private message

not need to rebirth again and again
just do like goku...
get stronger and stronger
better and better
so it will be fine Very Happy
can't stop the evolution of the abilities!

Super Vegetto ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

I don't see that happening since we're aiming for the series.
The manga had a different style to it...if we are going for accuracy it will require us to change the characters style. D:

you don't have to change the stil....but a good black and white coloring and some hira/katakana besides the attaks, oh and speaking bubbles^^ thats all what it takes to make it manga like...maybe some moving lines for wind or fast moving(what the anime also shut have)

oh and a former question: what you gona do if Toei, funimation or atari comes to you and say something like hey guys we watched long enough stop it(like they did it with BFP, because it was better than the game you could buy at that moment long ago)?

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Dan the Rebirth wrote : oh and a former question: what you gona do if Toei, funimation or atari comes to you and say something like hey guys we watched long enough stop it(like they did it with BFP, because it was better than the game you could buy at that moment long ago)?

If that happens we'll probably pull the DBZ content, keep the gameplay equal to the series and then later on as a side download of 'extra player characters' offer the original DBZ cast. Just like BFP did.
Seeing as ESF has been around for ages now, I don't think it's really going to happen though. And don't forget that BFP was a wee bit too commercialized with interviews in gaming magazines and coming up with actual boxart...

Reply with quote Friday, April 07, 2006

hmm...ok
and rio is it possible to change to a manga color stil only with some plugins? I mean without switching all skins in the game

N-J ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 07, 2006

Dan the Rebirth wrote : hmm...ok
and rio is it possible to change to a manga color stil only with some plugins? I mean without switching all skins in the game

I think that's possible with a posteffect, but I don't think that's friendly for the FPS :p

Reply with quote Saturday, April 08, 2006

ok I have another thing I wanna ask, and I don't want to open a new topic for it so I do it right here ok?

will zeq2 have aktion relaited BGM I mean that the BGM will change like in the anime, so that if you are involwed in a fight aktion, if you are hiding or somethin some thrillign music and if you are in idle some peacefull DBZ BGM

oh by the way will zeq2 use some BGMs from the TV show or totaly new ones?

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Dan the Rebirth wrote : yea and no...
I mean if you make the models again and again you never will come forward...I mean think about how many models you had one year ago and you will totaly redo them all and it allways will take 1more year tu do it so zeq2 never will come out...ok if you do some lil changes I will sey YES!! do it but don't change the hole concept everytime

If the skills of the ZeQ2 team hadn't improved since the first incarnation of ZeQ2, then you wouldn't see what is before you today. The models are of such a high quality now, I really don't think they'll ever need to be updated again. It's because they've reached such a level that they won't have to recreate the models to stick with the times, the models as they are now should be with the times for the next lloyd knows how long, have you seen the quality!?!? I mean c'mon it would take some serious time and skill to out do this..I really don't see the need for updated graphics past this point for the models in ZeQ2 thier exact to the show it's like looking at a drawn character ripped straight from the show, what more could you want??

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

if the game will be running on DX9, you can add a whole bunch of filters to the game.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Raider is correct.
The models won't be updated again.
sure, it's fun to improve your work, but after about 4 goku versions we got a bit tired of it.
so the models we show with updates won't be updated anymore.. theyre final.

thas what I tried to say, they don't need to redo everthing agian, I was really surprised when I saw this pictures and iam sure that zeq2 will be one of the best DBZ games ever! it looks like its suposted to be the 10. Budokai game (with that I only wanna sai that Atari have to improve ther skils)

but I also thought that the last generation of models looked quit perfect so...

by the way can someone maybe make a panel with all generations of zeq2 models (may everytime from the same Chara)? just to see the differens

but I think now the rebirth thing is answered
so can you may answer my questions about the BGM and the manga stil?

tommety View user's profile Send private message

Blaize wrote : Raider is correct.
The models won't be updated again.
sure, it's fun to improve your work, but after about 4 goku versions we got a bit tired of it.
so the models we show with updates won't be updated anymore.. theyre final.

yay!
Well like it wasnt that obvious, you (the team) said you want to be as realistic to the show as possible, 'improving' the models would actually make them less realistic to the show I think, what's left to make the look more like the show? I don't see what could.
I think saiyan saga armored vegeta you guys have shown looks better then the one in the actual show.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Dan the Rebirth wrote : so can you may answer my questions about the BGM and the manga stil?

They're basing it on the anime, therefore there won't be any manga style.

well I know that the game is based on the anime, but the anime also is based on the manga! so why don't add in the options that (gag-)feature to show the game in Manga Black and white, with katakana and speaking bubbles

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

are we based on the manga ?
did I mis something ?

if we're based on the manga, then why do we use screengrabs of the serie as ref's ?

we're based on the anime serie ! ;D

please read my last post again...
ZEQ2 is based on the Anime
but the anime is based on what? on history? no,no... the anime is based on the MANGA

I just thought it would be cool if ZEQ2 will have an option to switch to an Manga-stil(not the Drawing stil!, only the colors and additional Katakanas* and Speaking bubbles.....)

*: in the Manga they used Katakana and symbols to show expresions or "sounds"

did you guys finally understand what the heck iam talking about? pleas don't play fool with me!

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

well I know that the game is based on the anime, but the anime also is based on the manga!

You are still missing the point. Yes, the series was BASED on the manga. This makes it a seperate creative entity. The manga is flat framed with a lack of proper elements needed in what makes the series what it is -- a HIGH action, HIGH speed concept.

We can't get FRAME-by-FRAME references of animations from the manga. We can't capture the precision and intensity of the effects. We can't project the drama of the music and voices. Heck. We can't even capture the colors/shades consistently/properly.

The series and manga are QUITE different even though similar in concept. It's like telling someone who's doing a "Smallville" game to base it on the original "Superman" comics because it's basically the same thing. It just doesn't work like that Wink

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Dan the Rebirth wrote : well I know that the game is based on the anime, but the anime also is based on the manga! so why don't add in the options that (gag-)feature to show the game in Manga Black and white, with katakana and speaking bubbles

really,... this nagging about the manga stuff is getting discomforting..

Reply with quote Sunday, April 09, 2006

Heck I know that the anime and the manga are 2 differend Worlds and I don't want that you base ZEQ2 on the manga, I just sid I would be cool to can play it in a manga Mod, many games have some features just for fun why not zeq2? I mean in Spiderman the movie you can play as the old spido as goblin or as Marie Jabne
or in Indiana Jones TIM you can play as Guybrush Threepwood or in James Bond Goldeneye(N64) you can have big heads or something)

all this things don't change the game content, they are all just for fun and I think Zeq2 is one of the best games out there about DBZ and I think it will not really look 3D I think when it is done it will be 2D like the anime and thats cool but I think Japieja is right we don't come forward here so lets forget that

but still nobody answered my 3question: will Zeq2 have BGM what changes whith the situations in the game
(many games today have that feature)
and I know you're maps are huge so I think every Player will may need his own BGM for the thinks what happens with him or around him

and will ZEQ2 use the Anime BGM or totaly new
and if you will use the anime BGM, will the GBM also change if you use the Japanese Voice's

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dan the Rebirth wrote : Heck I know that the anime and the manga are 2 differend Worlds and I don't want that you base ZEQ2 on the manga, I just sid I would be cool to can play it in a manga Mod, many games have some features just for fun why not zeq2? I mean in Spiderman the movie you can play as the old spido as goblin or as Marie Jabne
or in Indiana Jones TIM you can play as Guybrush Threepwood or in James Bond Goldeneye(N64) you can have big heads or something)

Implementing more features means more time. Now I don't know about you, but I'd rather get the game released two months earlier rather than two months late with zippy manga addons.

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 12, 2006

well...I would wait 1 moth longer to get a game with perferct gameplay and some sweet lil features, coz what makes the most games for me interesting, are the hidden or funny features in the game

but now lets forget the Manga Mode

whats about the BGM Question???(look at my last post)

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Dan the Rebirth wrote : well...I would wait 1 moth longer to get a game with perferct gameplay and some sweet lil features, coz what makes the most games for me interesting, are the hidden or funny features in the game

but now lets forget the Manga Mode

whats about the BGM Question???(look at my last post)

and you go look at the FAQ >_>

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472