Content

1, 2, 3  >>

Gotta a Video Card Question

Shioku Stealthy Loudspeaker View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Now, can you tell me if this is better than a nVidia GeForce FX 5500 256 MB Video Card?

* Integrated Radeon® X300 based
* Full DirectX 9.0 Support (Vertex Shader v2.0 and Pixel Shader v2.0)
o Full precision floating point pixel pipeline
o Up to 4 Multiple-Render-Targets (MRTs)
o Support for up to 12-bit per pixel formats
* Supports Microsoft’s next generation GDI+ user interface
* Supports resolution up to 2536x2536@32bpp
* Anti-Aliasing using multi-sampling algorithm with support for 2,4, and 6 samples
* Hidden surface removal using 16, 24, or 32-bit Z-Buffering

Thats all the 3D Specs:

* HyperMemoryâ„¢ technology offers optional dedicated Local Frame Buffer configuration for a 32-bit or 64-bit interface and up to 128MB of memory

Also has that.

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonxpress200/specs.html

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

A Radeon X200/X300 (even integrated -- AND EVEN the mobile chipset) is better than a GeForce FX 5500, yes -- by far.

Hah, good, cause I just installed it. It came with my comp, but I was witty. Anyway, thats done. Now to fix the memory. Says I only have 382 MB RAM when I KNOW I have 512.

By the way here's a slightly outdated video card comparison list for future reference.
http://www.pcvsconsole.com/features/video/

Thanks.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=345

Little benchmark x300 VS FX 5500.

Note, the x300 isn't intergrated ;x.

@Brad, that information is pretty useless.
Specification don't say anything, about the actual speeds, quality etc, because the biggest factor is left out.(Also, some cards have special features, which don't show up on a specification chart like this one)

Drivers.....

Also the Geforce 3 Ti has SM 1.0 support, not 1.4.

Well my card is built into the MotherBoard so yea...I dunno XD

thapulse View user's profile Send private message

Shioku wrote : Hah, good, cause I just installed it. It came with my comp, but I was witty. Anyway, thats done. Now to fix the memory. Says I only have 382 MB RAM when I KNOW I have 512.

well the fact that it's integrated means probably shared Videoram? that could be a little sucky perhaps

Yea, it has a HyperMemory thingy (If you read the stuff I posted earlier) of 128 MB, and if you take 128 MB from 512 I guess you get that.

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Shioku wrote : Hah, good, cause I just installed it. It came with my comp, but I was witty. Anyway, thats done. Now to fix the memory. Says I only have 382 MB RAM when I KNOW I have 512.

512 - 382 = 130 which probably means you're sharing 128 Mb of main memory as video memory. Long live HyperMemoryâ„¢.

Little benchmark x300 VS FX 5500.

Note, the x300 isn't intergrated ;x.

An X200 integrated beat my GeforceFX 5800. I based the results on that. The link was just additional helpful information and YES it is relative REGARDLESS of proprietary features. Pixel Pipeline sizes, raw bandwidth, DX model support, and clock speeds are pretty imperative any way you look at it. Rolling Eyes

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

RiO wrote :

512 - 382 = 130 which probably means you're sharing 128 Mb of main memory as video memory. Long live HyperMemoryâ„¢.

Thats what Shioku alreayd said Razz

hehe, well im glad I have a good Video Card. Now im working on getting another stick of RAM. Im looking at Best Buy (Don't buy anything online) for a PC3200 DDR SDRAM (DIMM also) 512-1 Gig RAM stick. Found some pretty cheap around 50+ so ima look into that.

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Shioku wrote : hehe, well im glad I have a good Video Card. Now im working on getting another stick of RAM. Im looking at Best Buy (Don't buy nothing online) for a PC3200 DDR SDRAM (DIMM also) 512-1 Gig RAM stick. Found some pretty cheap around 50+ so ima look into that.

whehe nice but do mind Dual channeling ^^ at least if you're mobo's supports it. If so I recommend 2 sticks of ram from the same manufactor/specs. Since dual channeling give moooore preformance ^^

hehe I would definatly do that, but money is a HUGE factor. Im looking at nothing over 60 bucks.

http://www.buyaib.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=6389

I've been using Kingston brand memories for about 8 years now. One of the MOST compatable and BEST all-around memory chips.

$80 for 1GB, $40 for 512MB

Yea well like I said I don't buy from internet. Im getting a Kingston PC3200 512 for like 49.99 from Best Buy

Yea well like I said I don't buy from internet.

Hehe. Somehow we all miss what you've already said. You are quite subtle in your blunt remarks. Razz

*laughing out loud* maybe, but I try to get my point across. Anyway, im glad that I can play games now without ANY problems and I can play old Cinamatics that I couldn't play with my old card, WAY better now. RAM is my only problem and thats going to get taken care of so yea. If there's anything else thats cheap that I can get ill look into it.

Specifications should do the habooba dance, so Shioku don't just stare at specifications chart that was posted in this thread.

Many features like ATi's ringbus and temporal AA is missing from the chart and it doesn't even show the latest model. Or the still bit lacking OpenGl support from ATi's

Furthermore, the memory interface isn't noted, which has great inpact on resolution changes and AA/AF.

So I advice to go with acutal benchmarks from games(x300 serie is trash in my opinion) and not specifications Wink

*ponders* it has DX 9.0 and OpenGL. I know this cause I ran the tests on my computer. It also has AGP Texture Acceleration.

Shioku wrote : *ponders* it has DX 9.0 and OpenGL. I know this cause I ran the tests on my computer. It also has AGP Texture Acceleration.

Yes ofcourse, but that doesnt mean it will run every game smooth. Wink

And ATi'lacking in the opengl area.

My tests weren't based on the chart at all. That was just something extra I remembered seeing one day. My tests were based on PERSONAL benchmarks I did with a X200 integrated and my GeforceFX 5800 like I already mentioned.

An X200 integrated beat my GeforceFX 5800

Devion wrote :

Shioku wrote : *ponders* it has DX 9.0 and OpenGL. I know this cause I ran the tests on my computer. It also has AGP Texture Acceleration.

Yes ofcourse, but that doesnt mean it will run every game smooth. Wink

And ATi'lacking in the opengl area.

That's fine, but alas did I say it will run EVERY game smoothly? Nope I just said they will actually run.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shioku why not try 3dmark 05 and benchmark the baby ^^

1, 2, 3  >>

0 / 2472