Content

1, 2  >>

Playstation 3 to cost $499 and $599

paulerxx View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 09, 2006

"BREAKING NEWS | Playstation 3 hits US November 17, $499 for 20GB version, $599 for 60GB"

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/index.html

Also Fony copied a lot, I MEAN a lot AND EVERYTHING NEW TO THE Playstation 3 off Xbox 360 and Wii.

zane View user's profile Send private message

"Also Fony copied a lot, I MEAN a lot AND EVERYTHING NEW TO THE Playstation 3 off Xbox 360 and Wii. "

And what did they copied??
Should I say you what Microsoft copied with their Xbox?

By the way, mhm FFXII and FFXIII are 2 of the reasons why I will buy a Playstation 3

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

And what?

And.. it shows that Sony is yet again a copycat as it always been....

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

It's still scandalously high priced.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Japieja wrote : And what?

Copycat? Please explain what Sony is copying or has copied Confused

Do I really need to explain that?

Sony thought: "OH MY GOODNESS Nintendo makes money on consoles.. lets make 1 too"
Sony couple years later: " Damn they still make more money cause they have a handheld, you know what.. LETS MAKE 1 TOOOO!!!!"

no further words necessary

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

zane wrote : And what did they copied??

You could very easilly point out many things which the xbox 'copied' from the dreamcast (a usable dashboard, online play, a real GPU, basing it off a windows OS... I could go on), but then you'd have to consider that MS hired a lot of the dreamcast team for team xbox, so that's quite a grey area. In actuallity, MS didn't steal anything for either the xbox or the 360 and while they didn't do anything revolutionarilly new they did build on the 'standard,' looking at previous generations and the current and improving it, going to the next step, as it were, just as Sony did with the Playstation 2: It hand nothing truly new in it, it was just better than the PS1.

Nintendo on the other hand have always done their own thing and what they feel will be the most fun for their fans. They inovate with completely new things. With the Wii controller, they physically changed the way you're going to play the Wii. Sony, though, they couldn't even be bothered to change the way the pad looked (atleast no to something that looked comfortable to use) and aren't looking for you to lay the console any differently. Also, there's one dead give away that it's copied off the big N: It's a year late. Honestly, it must have taken them most of the year to work out how it wa meant to work.

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Japieja wrote : Do I really need to explain that?

Sony thought: "OH MY GOODNESS Nintendo makes money on consoles.. lets make 1 too"
Sony couple years later: " Damn they still make more money cause they have a handheld, you know what.. LETS MAKE 1 TOOOO!!!!"

If you think a console/handeld rules, and you can make a better one in your opinion.
You would do it. Razz

Rules = rules

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

So did Microsoft, woo loving doo?

So if I make a television set, you can't make one?
What kind of weird logic is that?

I disgust handhelds and most consoles.
The rediculous price you have to pay for half assed videogames isn't worth it.
Or the price of the console itself Razz

PC for the win!

No, devion, sony did see nintendo well and wanted a part of it, which is why they originally worked with nintendo on a console when the project split up Sony basically figured "hey, we can do this ourselves and rake in the money." Microsoft entered the console market simlarly from working with sega on the dreamcast's operating system (from my understanding atleast). The difference being Sony went in and headed after the profit margins but MS went in and headed after giving the gamers the best experience they can provide no matter what loss they make on it. It seems sony are going to make more of a loss this time around, though.

"MS went in and headed after giving the gamers the best experience they can provide no matter what loss they make on it. It seems sony are going to make more of a loss this time around, though."
Sure.. you really believe that Microsoft went into this market just to give the gamers the best console or the best gaming expirience... woow they are somekind of holy or so..
And Sony is baaaad Twisted Evil ...

No really Nintendo wants to make money, Sony wants to make money and also Microsoft.

And isn't it good that there are more than just 1 console? The competition is what makes the development faster.

And you can find copied stuff on all consoles but wh00t you can't say the've stole it this is just the further development.
So you guys who say that Sony is "copycat" than is Nintendo that also and damn also MS or everyone who brings new developed stuff from xy in his product like new TV's or new Graphic Cards... jesus..

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Alex wrote : No, devion, sony did see nintendo well and wanted a part of it, which is why they originally worked with nintendo on a console when the project split up Sony basically figured "hey, we can do this ourselves and rake in the money." Microsoft entered the console market simlarly from working with sega on the dreamcast's operating system (from my understanding atleast). The difference being Sony went in and headed after the profit margins but MS went in and headed after giving the gamers the best experience they can provide no matter what loss they make on it. It seems sony are going to make more of a loss this time around, though.

MS great experince for gamers?

You are almost cursing there Razz

Seriously Nintendo, Sony and MS are out for the profit, the reason why MS sold the Xbox for less then the actual price for making the thing is marketsharehold.

MS had no hold at the console or what so ever. They never intended to make profit right away, but to first get as much gamers as they can to make it popular.

All three companies are out there for the money. Only the one is better at marketing and creating ideas then the other one.

Devion wrote :

So did Microsoft, woo loving doo?

So if I make a television set, you can't make one?
What kind of weird logic is that?

I disgust handhelds and most consoles.
The rediculous price you have to pay for half assed videogames isn't worth it.
Or the price of the console itself Razz

PC for the win!

I never said Mircrosoft didnt do it.. Razz
But I just dislike Sony more than Microsoft Very Happy

And Zane, im not talking about copied stuff IN the consoles, but about the fact that they actually COPY the whole concept of making consoles (and now the handheld for sony), just for the fact to make money.

RiO View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote :

Japieja wrote : And what?

Copycat? Please explain what Sony is copying or has copied Confused

You missed the part where Sony stuffed some last-minute, under-performing motion sensor equipment into the controller in an effort to steal Nintendo's thunder?

(Took out the rumble to do it as well).

You also missed the part where Sony is using an USB interface for the controller, like the Xbox 360 is doing.

The pricing is ridiculous, and most of the features not in the 'core' version are more than likely not obtainable as extra slot-in modules or the like later on. (Like the HDMI interface, or the WiFi; both are built into the machine.) Which means you either buy cheap and stick with it, or buy expensive right away for 'the real deal'.

Ken 'I'll-never-get-off-my-high-horse' Kutaragi actually said out flat he thinks the $599,- is too cheap for the damn thing as well. Talk about being full of yourself!

Well, apparently it was going to cost them atleast $800 per unit even before they added the harddrive, the motion tilt-sensing and free online plan. So, $599 is too cheap for it by their standards because they're actually making, zomg, making a loss! Sony aren't used to that, they're used to charging more than things are worth.

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 10, 2006

zane wrote : "Also Fony copied a lot, I MEAN a lot AND EVERYTHING NEW TO THE Playstation 3 off Xbox 360 and Wii. "

And what did they copied??

By the way, mhm FFXII and FFXIII are 2 of the reasons why I will buy a Playstation 3

Final fanstasy started to rule after 10, get over it.

and Fony stole so much..all thier online stuff is a ripoff of xboxlive in nearly every way. They ripped of the xboxlive market place, they even have the button in the middle of the controller like xbox 360 to get to the "dashboard menu", the Playstation 3 controller has simlar motion senseors.(tilting tho..rules much more..Its not 3D moving)

Jesus...
Also Nintendo has got a online platform like Playstation 3 and xbox live now...

And I really think the online platform is better than the xbox live cause... it's free :X

And I also think that nintendos online platform will be better... cause it's nintendo.

"Final fanstasy started to rule after 10, get over it."
10 was one of the best saled parts :X

zane wrote : And I really think the online platform is better than the xbox live cause... it's free :X

It's free. Sony are having big money troubles (playstion = only department making a profit, Playstation 3 = a huge loss). They have absolutely no experience running a network like that. They don't have a tried, tested, secure server network established to produce effective results. Sure, it'll be so much better than Live because it's free.

Also, pay attention, Nintendo have always said the Wii would have a unified online network, sony, until earlier this year, have always said the Playstation 3 wouldn't. They only changed their mind to because the competition was having success in that field. Go read the press releases from the companies at last years E3 or even any from last year and you'll see what I'm talking about. What's so hard to understand about them just copying everyone else? It isn't skepticism, it isn't fanboyism, it's fact from what they have said regarding the Playstation 3.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

For half a grand, you get a Playstation 3 with missing features ...

http://Playstation 3.ign.com/articles/705/705887p1.html

No WiFi or HDMI support are the killers. No 1080p res for half a grand! Total blatant rip-off. Whats worse, you can't even upgrade it, unlike the 360!

Sony are taking some really risky moves here, cause they're so full of themselfs ...

Also, aren't Sony infringing on a patent they don't own because they're using motion sensing tech in their new controllers? Razz

Nah they're not, Dave, because it's not motion sensing, it's just gyro-based tilt detection, as far as I know that's not patented (or atleast to public knowledge), though they have patented that camera interaction technology, after someone patented it using two sensors for general computing purposes (that company demo's a virtual keyboard that was actually projected onto the desk from the device, far more impressive than sony's version, which, despite all the supposed power of the Playstation 3, couldn't even work out the correct perspective for the creatures using that grid template, honestly one looked like it was half on it's side.)

Mike Reynolds View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 11, 2006

hmm, well, every one seems to be looking at the bad side of the Game wars, so lets move to the good things,
Playstation 3
*Free online network including msic store(like ITunes)
*Eye poping graphics and the CPU to run it in HD(along with the Memory and space to run it)
*Built in hardrive.
*MGS4
*Resident Evil 4
*Grando Turismo
*inconsole skins(unlike microsoft who decided to make Half-buttocks skins for the outside of their console)
*One of the Best CPU's todate.
XBox 360
*XBox Live!
*Halo 3
Pretty much all I can think of for the XBox(pretty hard to think of the good things for a console you dislike! :p)
Nintendo
*ORIGINAL controler,
*unique First party games
*Made for ALL ages.
*Backward compatabilietie for ALL there previous systems
*MARIO THE PLUMBER!!!!! *laughing out loud*
Jst try to think of the GOOD things for each system,

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Final fanstasy started to rule after 10, get over it.

The Final Fantasy series saw early warning signs after FF6 and broke down completely by the time FF8 released. From then on it was just appeasement to what people wanted to see, rather the a severe focus on heavy character development and intricate plots / sub-plots as the games in the past had been more focused on.

As with almost all games nowadays, graphics have taken a sickening overdominance to other game traits.

Mhm... I think everyone has different tastes there.
I really loved the story of FFVII and also the story of FFX, FFVIII was also good for me :/

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

paulerxx wrote : Final fanstasy started to rule after 10, get over it.

*laughing out loud*, something still tells me people prefer FF7. Which is widely regarded to be the best one by most people, but alas as with anygame it's all down to personal preferance. So, personally if I'm honest, I've seen so many people play, so much G0D damn FF, I can't stand the game at all, it really irritates me.

Sorry for ignoring the filter but, awesome ham in the place of G0D damn, just wouldn't have made any sense, in that instance.

"Final fanstasy started to rule after 10, get over it."

I said final fantasy started to s you c ok...after 10...what the heck was does it say rule?

blocks out rule?

1, 2  >>

0 / 2472