Content

ego perspective

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, May 11, 2006

hey I think it would be cool if I can play 3rd and 1st person like, but not like the most other games that you only can see you're hands sometimes, no I think it would be cool if you look down if you can see you're body and that all like you do it in real live to

(if you tell me now, that wasnt in the series than I have to ask, do you think goku & co allways saw themselfs 3rd person like?)

Element4q2 View user's profile Send private message

It is 100% possible to do. Even BFP had a rudimentary first person view in which you could see the relevant body parts. Razz

The question though is what for? The fact that half the time you are going to be jumping around and firing beams means that you wouldn't see much aside from flashy effects caused by your attack, thus rendering you unable to aim properly.

zane View user's profile Send private message

Like in the series!!
And there was never 1st person Razz

Michel View user's profile Send private message

Most 3rd camera systems position their camera according to a periodic equation (sin/cos) mapped against the x/y translation of the mouse. In such an equation, there are several constants (which could also be variables, if needed), like the distance to a player. Changing this particular constant in 0, would result in first person camera system. So, basically, all you need is to change a few camera constants.

However, I don't like the first person view at all. in my opinion action/adventure games need to position their camera in such a way that the action has 100% impact. And that's with a 3rd person camera view. Even better, would be a 3rd person camera system not only restricted to x/y mouse translations, but one who closely watches ingame events aswell: if something big happens, move the camera if needed.

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

hmm if I remember right there never was a game where I can move my head left, right, up and down and where it really looks like iam this chara, the most time I looked down and sow just nothing, and in BFP it was alsovery strange when I played in 1st person

but I think it still would be cool if you can walk around and fight in ego (just think about you playing vegeta fighting agains Cell in mêlée and, *bang* you get a headbut and you're head goes back and you falling down backwards and crush in to the ground, you looking up, and *kame-hame-haaaa* and you try to dogge it with a instand final flash, but it wasnt strong enough and it comes closer and closer, and *boom* a white flash you laying on the ground and can't move and looking up to cell, he allready forgot about you and fights agains Trunks, and than krillin comes closer to pic you up^^)

0 / 2472