Content

Customization

Veghetto View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I know this has been mentioned before about being able to customize you're own character's, and since this game will be like an MMORPG with no turn-base fighting, after you guys complete making the game, do you think there would be someway for you guys to create some sort of system where you can choose from different eye shapes, head shapes, nose shapes, body, male, female, namekian, blarbognian, or whatever else for you're own character customization. You give him/her/other a name that will be used as a User ID for that particular character and if they get killed they are stuck in the next dimension or Home for Infinite Losers (Depending on whether or not you've been a good boy). That last part about Home for Infinite Losers was a joke, but you can't comeback until you are wished back by a clan member, if you're in a clan. If you're not then you'll just have to create a new character cause no one else wants to save you. But I think that a detailed character customization would bring more diversity to player models that you would see on servers and player attacks. I know that's hard as poo seeing as how you have to create all different types of body parts, and physics for movement and ki attacks and stuff like that, but you guys have been dedicated so far Razz .

And If you don't like that idea, which you probably won't, what about being able to choose whether or not you want you're character to fight with a weapon or not if they have one available or they could just have it mounted in the weapon position till you switch to weapon mode. Like Goku's Power Pole and Lil' Gohan's sword given to him by Piccolo, or Dabura's sword, you know what I mean. A lot of characters had weapons at points in the show and it would be fun to play with them.

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

well I think poth isn't really likely coz in the first place they want to finish a DBZ game with the DBZ chras, and not some sort of MMORPG(but I also asking myself how that thing online storymode wil really work)

but the sword thing posible but we will see what they do(like in the series^^)

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

What you're saying doesn't make sense, because the team wants Zeq2 to be like the series, as accurate as possible. In the series there wasn't any person with Goku's eyes with Vegeta's hair style or things like that there were only Goku, Bulma etc..

There would probably be a power pole, I think, and it will only be used by Goku (the saiyan saga model), also there would be other objects just like you said.

Also, first there's going to be a multiplayer, after that there's going to be a single player too.

Reply with quote Wednesday, May 17, 2006

trotty wrote : What you're saying doesn't make sense, because the team wants Zeq2 to be like the series, as accurate as possible. In the series there wasn't any person with Goku's eyes with Vegeta's hair style or things like that there were only Goku, Bulma etc..

There would probably be a power pole, I think, and it will only be used by Goku (the saiyan saga model), also there would be other objects just like you said.

Also, first there's going to be a multiplayer, after that there's going to be a single player too.

Actually, If 6you watch the DBZ series and when they show things like tournament battles, or anytime they show regular people, most of them look like mixtures of the main characters.

Also, everyone has the same eyes in DBZ.

trotty Owns a Medal View user's profile Send private message

That's not the point because the characters that are going to be included are: Goku, Gohan, Krillin... those characters which had an important role in DBZ and not normal town's people, do you get it now?

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

...which had an important role in DBZ ....

important is not specific enough.... lets say, if you can buy aktion-figur of him, he will be in game^^

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

No, just because you can buy an action figure of the character doesn't mean he'll be in the game. The only characters that will be in the game are the ones the team makes, simple as that. There won't be a sumpremely customisable Create-a-Fighter mode, there won't even be a "pick the legs, body and head" CaF mode. Not only are they going for true legitimacy with this, which alowing people to have such control over character creation has more than the possibility of screwing up, but a CaF system, especially with server-stored, managed and tracked character-bound user-accounts is, over all, almost as big a task as creating the rest of the game in terms of the art needed and most likely the coding needed to string it all together in an easy to use system. It ain't anywhere near as simple as you seem to think it is.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Alex is right. Wink

Alex wrote : No, just because you can buy an action figure of the character doesn't mean he'll be in the game. The only characters that will be in the game are the ones the team makes, simple as that. There won't be a sumpremely customisable Create-a-Fighter mode, there won't even be a "pick the legs, body and head" CaF mode. Not only are they going for true legitimacy with this, which alowing people to have such control over character creation has more than the possibility of screwing up, but a CaF system, especially with server-stored, managed and tracked character-bound user-accounts is, over all, almost as big a task as creating the rest of the game in terms of the art needed and most likely the coding needed to string it all together in an easy to use system. It ain't anywhere near as simple as you seem to think it is.

Ok then what about tournaments. They have people in the tournaments on the cartoon that aren't main characters and sometimes they can be really good.

And when they have a tournament in the game, will you have to go through a 500 man elimination round before you get to the real tournament like in the cartoon?

And I really don't care if you put the character customization thing in there, after you guys finish the game I might start a little team to put it in there myself.

0 / 2472