Content

News Mockery

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Super happy fun time videos! What WHAT WHAT!? :O
-> YouTube <-

Disclaimer: I'm NOT being a nationalist/fascist. Just wanted to share what I saw on YouTube.

Zeth wrote : The real irony here is that the United States ENTIRE population is actually made up of people who immigrated from other countries. You just inadvertantly insulted the intelligence of mankind as a whole.

Yeah... But americans aren't the way they used be prior immigrating USA. Living isolated in the country that "runs" the world somehow influences their perception Confused

Zeth, does this mean you're American too??? Surprised Laughing

Why do you comment on this so seriously? I just posted this for fun... heck, in Lithuania we have even more witty people (at least these aren't the majority). There's also this show on national TV-channel where they ask some questions about the world and film the most witty answers. The results are "*rolling on floor laughing*" funny Smile

I do agree there are intellingent people everywhere. Too bad they're becoming a minority...

in my opinion, americans need a new president to be taken seriously again. Along with new politics instead of this "war against terrorism" Bread and Spaghetti*it...

P.S. WHY OH WHY??? Sad Sad Sad
I liked "us" being the champions Sad Sad Sad

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

The United State's ENTIRE population is made up of people who immigrated from other countries. You just inadvertantly insulted the intelligence of mankind as a whole.

All in all to be fair and realistic though, it's not very difficult for media to manipulate results into making any report seem any way. It's a gruesome condition that news teams twist stories, situations, and edit inteview responses to create the story they desire. It's just the nature of news itself to focus on the negative, rather than the positive.

This is not to say that countries do not have people who are socially, mentally, geographically, or otherwise inept in some way. It's the human condition to not be perfect. If you focus on the negative nature of mankind or classify a group of people in such a way, you perpetuate hatred -- which is never good for anyone.

Break the trend. Measure a man's worth by his person, not his nationality.

There are a lot of people in your life you aren't going to get along with. This doesn't mean you should disregard an entire type of person for another's fallacy. To generalize stereotypes on a level such as that would be nothing short of being exceedingly close-minded -- bigotry at it's highest.

Word.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

The best example of this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEXXzj2Jk1g

0 / 2472