Zios Engine

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 07, 2007

LionHeart View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 08, 2007

How can it be so basic yet so powerful? Shocked

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

The engine's primary goal is to serve as a means to create any form of application or commercial-quality game without coding a single line of code and without having any critical level of experience.

So how it's going to look? It will be something like "rpg maker" or "the games factory" where you choose events and actions, put objects in the level etc.? :>

Shako Formerly a Dot View user's profile Send private message

I gues its Like Loading a Bunch of Models wich you have in a Special folder, and like the "rpgmaker" you choose em, place them and give them a quest.

I'm really wondering how the engine will be , sounds really promising *laughing out loud*.

I'm Pretty interested into the Engine.

antidote View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Will we have the ability to change/add things in the source? Because I would love to have this ability also what OSes will this work on? Unix based, Mac/OSX, Windows 98-vista?

Will we have the ability to change/add things in the source?

The engine will be powerful enough with the external config language that this will not be necessary at all. You can, however, swap and add your own modules if you choose to do so.

what OSes will this work on? Unix based, Mac/OSX, Windows 98-vista?

The engine is designed to be multiplatform and should support most standard unix and windows based systems. Lighter versions of the engine could become available in the future that support handheld and portable devices. The engine is designed in a way that low-impact conversions might find their way to other languages as well.

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

That is amazing. That is some mad talent on the part of your programmers dude

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I can't find any information about the Zios engine at all. Is it one of your own projects, Zeth?

antidote View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Yes it's theirs, don't worry I was confused also at first. Although one would think that it's obvious when looking at this thread.

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, May 04, 2007

Very impressive! I'm actually using SDL and OpenGL myself at the moment, been meaning to get around to learning python as well. If you're able to put all those things together, it will certanly look very good on a resume. I applaud anyone willing to make their projects cross-platform. It's the approach I take to everyone one of my programs. That's why I use SDL and OpenGL. by the way glad to see that Zeq2 is back Smile

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

This sounds like a really pro. engine. I think that by using this you'll get a lot more players then other games. Mainly because they don't need an other game to play it. But also because they can actually mod this game.

I can see it on modDB now:
Pokemon mod for ZEQ 2.

I would sooooo laugh my arse off... Razz

Very impressive! I'm actually using SDL and OpenGL myself at the moment, been meaning to get around to learning python as well. If you're able to put all those things together, it will certanly look very good on a resume. I applaud anyone willing to make their projects cross-platform. It's the approach I take to everyone one of my programs. That's why I use SDL and OpenGL. by the way glad to see that Zeq2 is back Smile

Ahh. Got into a bit of the development process, eh Tom? The extra bit about Zios is that it doesn't restrict itself to any particular module of any kind. SDL may be the current default for audio and input, but don't be surprised if you find OIS and OpenAL replacing that in the future. The great thing is that modules can be interswapped without requiring the user to alter their application/game in any way -- basically meaning that your game could stay up to date on the latest rendering techniques without strife.

Anyhow. Good to see you back around, man. Hope to talk to you more like the old days.

I can see it on modDB now:
Pokemon mod for ZEQ 2.

That would be "Pokemon mod for Zios". ZEQ2 uses the Zios engine, just as many other projects in the future may.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Indeed, cross platform is the way to go, in my opinion. I've also been using SDL and OpenGL for that reason as it's basically just a recompile to have it working on another platform (or atleast with the level I'm currently, I presume that once I get a more indepth it'll need platform specific code.) I've heard a fair amount of good stuff about OpenAL and it seems to be being used an aweful lot lately.

If anyone has a machine to add 12 more hours to the day, though, can ya send it my way because I need more time to spend with this stuff Sad

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote :
Ahh. Got into a bit of the development process, eh Tom?

Anyhow. Good to see you back around, man. Hope to talk to you more like the old days.

Sure did, right now I'm further developing my skills as a C++/OpenGL programmer and starting to learn some GLSL
Talk to you on MSN sometime (not on very often,*laughing out loud*)
EDIT: Also wouldn't it be Pokemon game using Zios? Wink

Also wouldn't it be Pokemon game using Zios?

Too true. My early morning eye isn't what it used to be.

pigoZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 11, 2007

excuse me for the sweeet question, but where can I find the official page of the Zios project?

I googled but could not find anything.. Sad

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The official Zios site is still under development and will most likely be presented with the Zios CMS project (which is also under development). We are currently in the process of gathering a well web environment development project team for such tasks.

Until then, there's a minor portion of information in the about document. Also, feel free to ask any Zios questions on these forums.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, December 14, 2007

So, how are you guys doing?
How's Zios? Smile
Please tell. This site needs some news from the team so badly it's barely alive.

Reply with quote Friday, December 14, 2007

Naturally, there's no news for/on the ZEQ2 site. The ZEQ2 project has been on an in-active status since June. There's absolutely no efforts or assets going into ZEQ2 right now (this includes news postings non-relating). A pre-site intro of this might be instated to help insist what the dozen posts here seem to fail at.

Additionally, most of the Zios information is protected and restricted under a legally-binding non-disclosure agreement and therefore not permissible for the public at this time.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 15, 2007

Zeth wrote : Naturally, there's no news for/on the ZEQ2 site. The ZEQ2 project has been on an in-active status since June. There's absolutely no efforts or assets going into ZEQ2 right now (this includes news postings non-relating). A pre-site intro of this might be instated to help insist what the dozen posts here seem to fail at.

Additionally, most of the Zios information is protected and restricted under a legally-binding non-disclosure agreement and therefore not permissible for the public at this time.

I wasn't asking anything about ZEQ2. Sheesh.

andres1 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, December 15, 2007

So I can't ask if you have already a particle system implemented in Zios?

Reply with quote Sunday, December 16, 2007

I wasn't asking anything about ZEQ2. Sheesh.

My response wasn't directed specifically at you, but rather on a more general level. I usually quote responses when targeting a certain message.

So I can't ask if you have already a particle system implemented in Zios?

Every module process is separated and highly abstracted. If our rendering library supports a particle system, then we do as well.

Thankfully, our default rendering library does have a particle system implemented.

andres1 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, December 16, 2007

Good news.
At least for me

0 / 2472