Content

Sigs

meh View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 09, 2007

Why there are no signatures on this forum ?

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

who needs them? and why? Rolling Eyes

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

It'd be nice to have signatures in my opinion. We don't need them, they're just nice to have to be honest.

Well they would be nice if they didn't exceed 400*100 resolution in my opinion. Any bigger and they would seriously distort the layout of forum Rolling Eyes

spyxter wrote : Well they would be nice if they didn't exceed 400*100 resolution in my opinion. Any bigger and they would seriously distort the layout of forum Rolling Eyes

Yea I'm with you on that. I prefer sig's to be smaller to be honest easier on the eye and less clutter. Like I say we don't need em, just nice to see some individuality. Smile

Individuality should come from one's posts. Not from some fancy graphics Razz

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Show it through your Avatar.

Azurite wrote : Show it through your Avatar.

Ain't the same, I'd rather have sigs instead of Avatars to be honest.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

In web design practices, vertical screen space is a LOT less costly than horizontal screen space. As you might notice, avatars can be quite long as a result of this.

While this actually has no direct relation to your questions/concerns, the entire reason for lacking signatures has been covered in former posts. Primarily it's to promote a cleaner, more direct presentation of posts and elements without having cluttering or drastically varying dividers that bear no relation to subjects and discussions at hand.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Zeth wrote : In web design practices, vertical screen space is a LOT less costly than horizontal screen space. As you might notice, avatars can be quite long as a result of this.

While this actually has no direct relation to your questions/concerns, the entire reason for lacking signatures has been covered in former posts. Primarily it's to promote a cleaner, more direct presentation of posts and elements without having cluttering or drastically varying dividers that bear no relation to subjects and discussions at hand.

With certain forums, you can change in your user profile if you want people's signatures to be shown or not Wink Why not keep them turned off by default (to conform to your standards Zeth Razz) and let the user have the ability to turn them on in their account if they prefer?

I, like some others prefer them off though Smile
Like Ulquiorra - I mean Azurite , I think Avatars are enough Wink

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I'd love to have sigs enabled. Like everyone here has a dbz avatar... a signature might at least throw in some uniqueness, since the person's name is usually clearly written on it.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Everyone's names are clearly written above their avatars too.

Personally, I prefer not to have to scroll three times more to read just one page of two-three lines per post.

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Then my red cross avatar will do Smile

0 / 2472