Content

Rogkun's Tag! :3

Rogkun Mangaka View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hey guys! Me again. I like drawing so much that I keep finding myself doodle with a mouse.

I'd like to get to know some of you, especially the people workin with Zeth on the project. I know him on a personal level and I want to see if I can know you all a bit better to. I wanted to create this to update it with doodles n drawings.

This here is a picture of a deity in a story I'm writing. It's Zeal, the guardian of heaven. I haven't drawn his blade yet, I was too lazy. This isn't my best work by far either. On a note, the wings I didn't want to add detail to AT ALL, reason being is because I wanted them to glow so brightly that you could barely see the outline. Comments? Enjoy! Very Happy

Zeal.jpg

Zeal.jpg

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

I'm not into cyborg/mecha thingies myself, so I hardly know what to comment on, other than that the flow is good, I'd like to see it colored before I add any other comments.

Cause I myself lack in the coloring department, so I oftend tend not to color stuff cause im afraid I'll ruïne it by that.

Also, this is a more personal opinion, but maybe use a bit less thicker lines, cause I think it will look nicer once you'r gonna color it that way.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

sorry but I'm not really sure I'm getting the picture.
I don't see where his head is at and he seems to have a pair of praying arms and a additional pair of floating hands or something. Maybe a little colour would actually help to clearify the picture.

On another note if you want to have the wings sort of glowing, I suggest you use a kind of striped outline. What I mean with that is you leave spots of white between the line. That way you are suggesting a line where there really is none. Suggesting it instead of using a thick outline would create the glowing effect. Also a little shading woun't hurt.

Nice to see another man of high drawing skills join the bunch. I say that because if you're able to draw like that with a mouse, you must be really ace with pen and paper. Good to have you here

Reply with quote Thursday, April 19, 2007

Here's another picture I drew of a friend's concept for a ninja. He wanted his character to be ninja-esque, but armored and representing a beetle.

I drew this for him. He loves it! Very Happy Enjoy.

P.S. I know a lot my pictures have too much going on in them and I have to say I despise color. I'll try to add shades of gray or something to future pictures if I remind myself. Very Happy Thanks though. Also, if you click on picture it'll give you a bit more clarity. Not sure if the size of your monitors would help, but it does wonders for mine. :3

Ikkatsu.jpg

Ikkatsu.jpg
This is his...

IkkatsuRogkun.jpg

IkkatsuRogkun.jpg
This is mine...

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Neat stuff, Roger. Definently should always scale the resolution of your images up a ton though like I say! Although monitor size is a factor, so is the user's resolution. Since I use 1600x1200, your images actually only fill about 1/8 of my screen. Since you do it all in flash, scaling up is a cinch. Wink.

Sorry about all the people tearing into you about coloring and shading. Those are Roger's "kill you for mentioning it" areas. Seriously though, he's an amazing artist. Although his main original style focuses on manga, within no time he's explored at least a dozen other style types.

Fallout-boy style meets manga, anyone?

Horror style, perhaps?

Style blender.

Manga-esque Console characters.

-----

Really though. If someone around here could teach Roger how to shade, color, or brush effeciently, he'd be Da Vinci on crack. Any takers to help out a dear friend of mine?

Enjoy this little diddy here. Don't forget to click the picture for better quality! <3

Shin Chan.jpg

Shin Chan.jpg
Gatta love Shin Chan. <3

Crack you say? Zeth, you know me.

I'm normal.. Just like everyone else... hehehehehe..

Madman.jpg

Madman.jpg

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

seriously with those kind of drawings I find improbable to believe you don't have at least some decent colouring skills. Do you have an example of how bad your colouring supposedly is?

by the way Zeal for a celestial character, you must like chrono trigger a lot Wink

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Roger has posted 2 examples of his colored drawings. His avatar and his shin chan.

by the way Zeal for a celestial character, you must like chrono trigger a lot Wink

Or it could be refering to zealotry, a type of fanatical obsession which is commonly associated with religion.

Chrono Trigger? That was one heck of a fun game, but I never got far in it. Brad's right-o on his assumption though, it's not any hommage or knockoff of a CT concept.

I looked up the sprite sheets, the closest I could find is Mammom M, Giga Gaia, with the name of "Zeal" (which I never knew existed because I never got that far.)

They look vaguely similar... Just be glad it's not like this. Smile

SlimeFakeoff.jpg

SlimeFakeoff.jpg
Oh man, they should get sued...

0 / 2472