Content

Stickfighter HD W.I.P Thread

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 28, 2007

Eh, that old thread is old. Let's have a new one. Update on the character model! Personally, I think it looks poo and needs lots more work. I rule at proportions, to be honest.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, April 29, 2007

I think trousers are too short.

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Meeeh... He looks to sexi for a stick.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Super Snake wrote : Meeeh... He looks to sexi for a stick.

True, don't give a stickfiger clothes. Otherwhise it isn't a stickfigure anymore. I much preferred your first simple stick version.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

I actually think the irony of a stickman having clothes and details is funny, thumbs up from me.

Yay, Icarus gets it! Wahoo! It's called "HD" with my tongue very firmly stuck in my cheek. What would happen if a stickman game jumped on the "Hi-Def" bandwagon that's in gaming? Well, the stickman'd more than likely grow facial features, fingers, some mass and some clothes. Sure, the model rules arse but atleast try to understand the concept before saying clothes don't work on stickfigures. I know they don't, which is half the point in doing it Razz

But yeah, this isn't going to be the final design, it's very wip and will probably change in looks quite a lot as I'm probably not going to be happy with it for good a while.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Yeah I know the concept is good.
It's just that I don't see it working.
For example your head is still pretty simplified while the rest of the body is very detailed, especially the hands. I'm saying need to keep consistency in your model. The simplicity of the head should be run through the whole body. Or else give the head more detailed features if you leave the nose out it can still look like a stick figure.

Anyways I'm not criticising your idea. I just doens't really look like a stickfigure anymore. Maybe if you'd give'm a stick, he'd really be a stickfighter Razz

by the way is there a previous version still available for download? I've always wanted to try it, it looked very fun and funny but it was for quake 3 right?

Yeah, I think there's a link in the old thread I think.

And there's not really much detail in it, it's basically just shape. But yes, I do realise that this particular one isn't looking too great for the purpose, but it's under control, I am experimenting, trying to get the "perfect" HD Stickman, this was just me opening an old one I started and sketching to get back into modelling and get ideas for how to make a better one, as I said, I think it looks rubbish, *laughing out loud*. It's posted because people were interested in the project and figured I'd stir interest Smile

The biggest problem with a 'classic stickman' is getting it looking like a stick man from all angles in 3D, especially in motion. As my test release showed, the movements often look really odd from certain angles, so I think I need to do a fair bit of experimenting to get what I want out of it as I do want it to be more stick figurish.

0 / 2472