Content

sorry

alex-c90 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, June 04, 2007

excused are new ..... I would want to know if zeq 2 are already releasable ..... thanks Sad

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

alex-c90 wrote : excused are new ..... I would want to know if zeq 2 are already releasable ..... thanks Sad

Yeah.. I Guess it's releasable.
No... It won't happen anytime soon.

where I can download zeq 2? Sad

Zeonix The Nix™ View user's profile Send private message

http://forum.esforces.com/

Ask there.

there aren't a link where I can download zeq?

Ravven ZEQ2 3D Artist View user's profile Send private message

Hey! Here's the answer. Wink

alex-c90
where I can download zeq 2?

F.A.Q.:
[Q:0001] Is ZEQ2 complete?
[A:0001] No. It is work in progress.

[Q:0002] When will ZEQ2 be complete?
[A:0002] Timeframes are improbable to judge since content changes as more technologies become available and other limitations are lifted. ZEQ2's plans are on a more progressive level. Although we have had design documents for quite some time, we constantly revise and improve our techniques to bring an even more rich experience. What the project has now would have already passed 10 times over as completion a couple years ago.

Grega View user's profile Send private message

Come on Zeo. Why increase the spam on the ESF forum. I mean he probably won't stick round the forum anyhow.

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

I really reccomend the following registration process:
-you select register.
-the faq screen appears.
-after you click "Next", there is a quiz section, with questions from the about section, and 4 answers per question.
-if you fail to answer all correctly, you have to repeat the process.

I really reccomend the following registration process:
-you select register.
-the faq screen appears.
-after you click "Next", there is a quiz section, with questions from the about section, and 4 answers per question.
-if you fail to answer all correctly, you have to repeat the process.

Great! I love it! Very Happy You should try that one out Zeth!

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

In theory it's a good idea. However, at first glance this seems to ward off unintelligent people, but mostly it will ward off lazy people. When people register for a forum, they want an easy process, they don't want to jump through hoops. If I had to write a test before registering on a forum, I'd just say screw it.
Bottomline: we want to ward off unintelligent people, not lazy people. Actually I take that back, we don't always want to ward off unintelligent people. There is something called education Wink The people we want to ward off are the people not wanting to waste their time to learn, if they don't know. Which in turn is really wasting our time.

Well you are probably right... but as always there are many benefits and drawbacks...

P.S. I didn't knew that you liked Berserk Tom! :O

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Tom wrote : Actually I take that back, we don't always want to ward off unintelligent people. There is something called education Wink The people we want to ward off are the people not wanting to waste their time to learn, if they don't know.

And this system is perfect for that!
We educate those who wish to learn, and ward off those who don't wish to Smile

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Isn't the majoritty of info you'd want people to know hidden from unregistered people? That kinda puts a dampener on the whole "If we stop them registering until they know then they'll learn!" thing. Seriously, though, Tom's right, people will see they have to complete a quiz (and get the answers right) to register and that'll just cause them to say "love this, I can't be loved." and bugger off.

Basically if they don't look up the info off their own back, they won't look it up at all and, not to mention, 4-choice questions are so easy to complete without even reading what they ask, just hit a random one and you've got a 25% chance of getting it right.

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

How about making a confirmation image consisting of text "I will read the FAQ before asking sweeet questions in the board" instead of that letter/number fiddle sticks?
Then people might at least try to read the faq Rolling Eyes

But the problem, I think, is in faq's organization. Now it's written in such a small font and intelligent manner that it just scares people away without reading it. Maybe it should be typed in bigger font and simpler words and in question-answer order instead of question1, question2 - answer1, answer2?

Just a suggestion... Please don't hurt me...

Shako Formerly a Dot View user's profile Send private message

how about making as a registration a faq... the is no accept button....

[=in the text it has to say at the end now click on the word "Juhu" to accept the rules. If you don't want to Accept please close this window.

Juhu, you finished, so what is this mod about...=]

0 / 2472