Content

Cel-Outlines

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 01, 2006

can't really crit it. It looks perfect.

But as I can remember old screenshots looking perfect on it, but some angles still being loved up.

Since I can't see this in the pic I guess you guys fixed it.

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote : can't really crit it. It looks perfect.

But as I can remember old screenshots looking perfect on it, but some angles still being loved up.

Since I can't see this in the pic I guess you guys fixed it.

For the inquisitive and/or studious people;

These new outlines are based on a technique using OpenGL line drawing mode, with a few tricks with the depth buffer. As such, the lines fit the model's dimensions perfectly.

The gaps in the outlines we used to have were a direct consequence of expanding polygons outward along the normals.
Quake 3 'shares' vertices when there is no UV-split, thus the vertices of the expanded polygons normally shift by the weighted average of all translated polygons they are part of. However, when there is a UV-split, vertices are actually split up as well. Thus the seperate vertices, which overlap in the regular model, tear apart in the normal-expanded version.
Since the new outlines use a technique that doesn't require expanding along the normals, this nasty artifacting has gone away as well now.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

I can understand that the artifacted is gone, but you lost me at the line where you began with UV split.

Anyway, if it works, I'm happy.

jtveclipse12 View user's profile Send private message

I was wonder when you guys were gonna put your site back up... this is the mod I was most interested in. Very good textures and models. I just have a crit... You can't really see vegetas nose. Is it cause of the angle or what.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

it's also because of the angle.
but it's also kinda improbable to have black lines on the nose, because the shadow is dynamic.
we'll try to sort it out though Wink

jtveclipse12 View user's profile Send private message

Even if you guys don't get it fixed... Itll still be the best DBZ graphics I've ever seen... keep up the good work

Shioku Stealthy Loudspeaker View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 02, 2006

jtveclipse12 wrote : Even if you guys don't get it fixed... Itll still be the best DBZ graphics I've ever seen... keep up the good work

I have to agree with him. I wouldn't mind this game looking normal XD

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 03, 2006

Seeing the progress of this mod is possibly even more fun than to play it(and I don't mean that in a bad way). I love to see these updates.

I was stunned when I saw this... for real. Good job Razz

Shioku Stealthy Loudspeaker View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Well after thinking about it and reading stuff over, I would actually rather see it Cel-Shaded. Adds more accuracy and Anime look to it, thus thats what your going for. I love the new technique and I understood what you said. I can't really put it in lamest terms, but yea...Basicly it's saying that there were problems with the old one, so they made a new system that fixes that. XD

essentara View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 17, 2006

What is "AA?"

AA Turned Off Completely

Michel View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 17, 2006

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+Anti+aliased&meta=

zane View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 18, 2006

AA = AntiAliasing
mhm that's a methode that is used to straighten out lines and so

Example: