Content

Wii Fit?

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 19, 2007

So what are everyone's thoughts on Nintendo's new Wii Board? I think it's a good approach for a peripheral and will make for some very interesting game.
This is why Nintendo has always been so great, they're so damn innovative Razz

Keef View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 26, 2007

I personally don't like it, I think there will be far too many peripherals for the Wii, and the games are way too simple to have any kind of long term gameplay.

sure for little family get togethers it would be ok, but it would only happen the once, then no on will give a damn...

after you have played it, a month or so down the like you would probobly not want to play it again.

I also think it would split up the games too much and rule, because its another controller that you will have to buy to play specific games.

Its like Xbox releasing a tilt controler, everyone would puppy because it would split the games as people may or may not have that controller.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, July 26, 2007

I personally don't like it, I think there will be far too many peripherals for the Wii, and the games are way too simple to have any kind of long term gameplay.

From what I can tell, the Wii's entire market is built around innovative input devices. In the dozens of news reports and sales figure articles, none have yet to have long term dissatisfaction complaints among the populous. It seems to simply be a new way to play games.

sure for little family get togethers it would be ok, but it would only happen the once, then no on will give a damn...

Watching the video, the entire idea is to alter that conception and change the rate of gatherings. This aside, it seems more than just a family peripheral. Consider skateboarding, snowboarding, track meet, and other game genres that could be further escalated and immersed.

I also think it would split up the games too much and rule, because its another controller that you will have to buy to play specific games.

Again, as the video stated, it's supposed to ship with the game that highlights it and be very affordable in drastic comparison to other console's devices/games.

Its like Xbox releasing a tilt controller, everyone would puppy because it would split the games as people may or may not have that controller.

Yes, except reversed.

The Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are high-performance graphical consoles that double as entertainment devices as well. Their primary focus is graphical capability, system functionality, and multi-user interaction (in terms of the Xbox 360, at least).

The Wii is an input-driven console that focuses on unique interaction approaches with classical game elements. Their primary focus is gameplay and control capability catering to large age ranges with an underlining to local interaction.

In this regard Sony's 6-axis controller and Microsoft's tilt controllers are gimmicks rather than primary focus devices for their systems. Both play on another system's focus/success in an attempt to recreate profits. However, this would really be no different than if the Wii tried to market itself as a home entertainment platform or offered high-resolution addons to the system -- it's simply not the original approach for the platform.

0 / 2472