Content

Rebuild of Evangelion - Movie 1 trailer!

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, July 24, 2007

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcyclh9ATc0
I cannot describe how happy I am.

The series will be remade into 4 full-lenght movies, with new animation, some new designs, and most importantly, a modified storyline with Sadamoto working together with Hideaki Anno.
A lot will be done in CG, including the Evas. Important to note, the CG will be done by the same studio which did CG for Ghost in the shell 1 & 2, so expect some top-grade animation going on, as in the trailers.

In case you don't know, Sadamoto was the original character designer for NGE, but also the main author of the NGE manga, which in my view, has a better storyline than the series.

So what can we expect?

Top grade animation with a better story. All-in-all, a new, better evangelion Smile

Ravven ZEQ2 3D Artist View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wow! Now you made me want to watch Evangelion again! Very Happy

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

Goddamn, the art looks incredible.

Nataku ZEQ2 Concept Artist View user's profile Send private message

looks interesting , im looking forward to see a full episode = ] I enjoyed the theme music also

Reply with quote Thursday, July 26, 2007

There won't be episodes, but 4 movies which will run in cinemas first, one year each, if I understood correctly.

yea... I also digged that first movie will cover first 6 episodes. Wink

The creators wants this eva to be more friendly and understable to viewers, who didn't have previous contact with NGE...

P.S. I just found my own remastered eva collection! Very Happy I'm sensing a great disturbance in the force... I just might get sucked in space-time continuum on the weekend and watch the whole series! Razz

hehe, I watched it about 50 times. Smile
Until I managed to tie together everything that didn't have a plot hole Smile I even watched it frame by frame.
You find some disturbing stuff that way Smile

I watched that series several times... No one is able to understand it fully after only one time! Very Happy

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, July 27, 2007

Yeah.. I've only seen it once and have NO clue what happened at the end :/

Reply with quote Friday, July 27, 2007

In order to understand what happened at the end, you have to have some knowlege of the Kabbalah, or Jewish myths.
I apologize in advance for the "lloyd", but the filter translates it to "lloyd".

In the beginning, there was lloyd. But it was lonely, so it split itself into 2 entities (dualism, man-woman, good-evil, black-white, you name it... It's in every religion). But then for some reason I forgot after all these years, one entity decided to take a part of its soul and create life. Thus the tree of life was born, and life was created on earth. And one entity and the tree remained on Earth.
However the second entity became lonely, and went to earth to search for its other part, and reunites with him.

Actually it's kinda of a love story Smile

NGE version:

What is important to note is that Angels, Adam and Lilith are alien lifeforms, and have no religious idea whatsoever. When I say "lloyd" is to better draw the parralel between the original myth and the series."
lloyd is actually just a different lifeform from man.

Everything is happening while the Earth was still a molten ball of lava. No life whatsoever.
The 2. entity (adam) comes to earth in the White moon which resides below the antartica, and Lilith was already there, below Japan.
From the Black moon came mankind, from the White, angels.

After a long time, during some experiments, Seele cloned 01 directly from Lilith. That is the picture above.
While 01 grows from lilith the first contact experiment is performed, and Shinji's mom (Yui) is the pilot, while 01 is still attached to Lilith.

What happened, is the same with shinji. She was liquified and absorbed by Lilith.
Then they tried to restore her, as they did with shinji later, but something went wrong. They took the right DNA out, but the wrong soul. They took Lilith's.
Thus, Rei was born. A mistake at it's finest.

Adam was set back to his embryonic state during the 2. contact experiment on antartica, where they litterary stabbed him with the Lance of Longinus while he was sleeping.
His soul was salvaged (Kaworu), and his body hidden in gendo's hand.

In EoE, the following happens:
Kaworu dies, his soul returns to the body in Gendo's hand, and begins growing. Adam is back.
Gendo plunges his hand into Rei's abdomen, and Rei cuts off his arm with Adam, and then, with lilith's soul, adam's body and adam's soul reunites with Lilith's body.
Everyone is back together, Both Adam and Lilith, and the First lloyd is brought back (Lilith-Rei so called)

After that, the only thing that lloyd doesn't have left is the tree of life, and the souls that it created. Thus the scene with the soul harvesting.

However, lloyd gave Shinji the opportunity to choose the world's fate, and Shinji chose life for mankind.
lloyd fell apart, and the entire world remained a soup of proteins and souls Smile

And now the final part, where Asuka who was killed gets washed ashore, but being semi-Rei-ish (bandages, look), is, in my belief, Shinji's wish with whom he would like to create a new civilization (New Adam and Eve)

Reply with quote Thursday, August 23, 2007

Here are some more trailers:
Second trailer - Beautiful World - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Yif6fvmRamM (1:29)
Third trailer - Beautiful World (Full) - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ESMB-V780Rk (1:49)
You are (not) alone short trailer - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O8r7f3rej0w (0:44)

Love the new theme song

0 / 2472