Reply with quote Monday, April 16, 2007

Why not show some more of Goku's pics, to imagery-hungry community Very Happy

meh View user's profile Send private message

If you won't fail guys , this will be the best DBZ game ever Razz

spyxter Flutie Flakes View user's profile Send private message

meh wrote : If you won't fail guys , this will be the best DBZ game ever Razz

don't you ever use that word again in this context...

Newfolder View user's profile Send private message

Hmm it's good... or maybe it's good just because it's in cell shading? Hmm I don't know Razz And this is hmm... 4th Goku which I see during this couple of years, you always start with Goku so it's still beginning of zeq2 on the way to release Sad

Forza View user's profile Send private message

Newfolder wrote : Hmm it's good... or maybe it's good just because it's in cell shading? Hmm I don't know Razz And this is hmm... 4th Goku which I see during this couple of years, you always start with Goku so it's still beginning of zeq2 on the way to release Sad

Ahum... this thread is over a year old man.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Ahum... this thread is over a year old man.

Looks like somebody missed the 2nd update this week.

Hmm it's good... or maybe it's good just because it's in cell shading? Hmm I don't know Razz And this is hmm... 4th Goku which I see during this couple of years, you always start with Goku so it's still beginning of zeq2 on the way to release Sad

It's mediocre and a work in progress. It's not just the cel-shade that makes it what it is though. You'll probably see more on that soon enough.

6th revision by the way, not 4th (give us some credit). Technically this is only the 2nd major revision for Goku for the accuracy-driven ZEQ2 project and only the 1st revision of Goku for the Zios engine. And no, this isn't impairing our work at all. The new techniques we're using are allowing us to be several times more productive than ever before in all critical stages.

estimated release date...? Very Happy

shadowcast View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, April 17, 2007

EDIT : Post edited for friendliness.

Timeframes are improbable to judge since content changes as more technologies become available and other limitations are lifted. ZEQ2's plans are on a more progressive level. Although we have had design documents for quite some time, we constantly revise and improve our techniques to bring an even more rich experience. What the project has now would have already passed 10 times over as completion a couple years ago. .......!!!

*laughing out loud* Sorry. I just had to do it. Cool Laughing

frsrblch View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hmmm... it looks like there's a bit too much detail on the arms. Other than that, neato.

Reply with quote Wednesday, April 18, 2007

like there's a bit too much detail on the arms

Awkward arm position and work in progress status aside, DBZ arm anatomy is a twisted orgy of muscle. Not much we can do about the series artists and their scribbling antics.

Do keep in mind though that this render does NOT use stylistic outlines. Without the noise seperation and thickness alterations, the lines appear more solid than they would and do with the stylistic outlines.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 19, 2007

FEATURES

What does that mean? Smile

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

I still can't believe you guys even came up with this idea! I've never seen it before in any other game. Really you guys go a long way in your strive for perfection. That's very admirable.
Goku's face looks spot on and to think you'll be able to have all of his emotions. That'll be a first in dbz games. Really big credit the one who came up with this.

Still one question about the model itself, are you still being sagaspecific? Because it looks like the one you have now is actually the buu saga one and not only that style anymore. Because Radditz saga should need straps on his belt and the colours on his boots inverted. Just wondering which saga it's supposed to be then.

tezcatlipoca View user's profile Send private message

Read description under the image...

J-Dude View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, April 23, 2007

This positively kicks buttocks. By far, this is the best Goku I've ever seen, even when compared to the one they used for Tenkaichi 2's intro vid. Everything looks accurate, down to the shape of the nose and how the eyebrows slant strangely like in the actual anime. And of course, I'm blown away by the shading, and particularly by the "textureless" concept. With 100% geometry deciding where the lines belong, it makes it look positively flawless. The version used before WITH textures looked awesome, but with this alone you've raised the bar into a new realm of realism.

I've spoken much about how impressed I am with ZEQ2 at the ESF forums, and voiced how I believe ESF forgot it's reason for being: to provide a genuine DBZ experience. For being the "Best released DBZ mod", they sure have thrown out being faithful to the series in favor of remaining "balanced", meaning they cut attacks from characters and for some witty reason give characters an insanely limited amount of health (anyone who's played ESF has probably been killed in three well-placed mêlée shots).

When I mentioned my concerns for this, and reminded them that ZEQ2 was allowing the series to balance ITSELF in favor of artificial and inaccurate alterations, I was almost laughed out of the forum. They do not believe that it's possible to be true to the series and still have a playable DBZ game. Their one-dimensional thoughts are naturally opposing your revolutionary rethinking, and I'm rooting for you guys to prove them dead wrong.

I think you guys truly understand the series and have what it takes to make something better than anyone can imagine. The ZEQ2 team has my full confidence.

Reply with quote Thursday, April 26, 2007

FEATURES

Still wondering what does that mean... Smile

Even though texture Goku looks more anime'ish, I just noticed that texture-less Goku has fingers Shocked
Amazing details...

by the way, does it take much effort and time to 'convert' models from texture to texture-less version? Or do you begin from scratch?

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, April 27, 2007

Impressive work. It sure feels nice to look at that character.

This character is lloyd's work ~! Razz

zane View user's profile Send private message

just... awesome.. can't say anything more than this... wow...

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote : Impressive work. It sure feels nice to look at that character.

If you believe in the concept of lloyd, it is indirectly.

Concept of lloyd can dictate that lloyd set the laws of nature and created a deterministic universe, compelling Blaize to create this sexy model.

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote :

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote : Impressive work. It sure feels nice to look at that character.

Concept of lloyd can dictate that lloyd set the laws of nature and created a deterministic universe, compelling Blaize to create this sexy model.

You're absolutely right about that. At least I agree that is Very Happy .
If Blaize starts with SSJ2 Goku, we can say 'hallelujah' Razz . Unless he started already, that means we're too late and we can just jump around of happiness. Cool

J-Dude View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, April 28, 2007

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote :

Devion wrote :

You're absolutely right about that. At least I agree that is Very Happy .
If Blaize starts with SSJ2 Goku, we can say 'hallelujah' Razz . Unless he started already, that means we're too late and we can just jump around of happiness. Cool

I'd love to see how they pull of the shading of the SS hair, especially with 0 textures. No shortcuts with shading like in ESF.

Dan the Rebirth View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, May 05, 2007

well its a fact that zeq2 is the most interesting dbz game to follow, they always come up with better ideas than before, even if it sounds like a never ending story its still really impressive and I can't wait to see the first new ingame footage I can remember the video from freeza on namek^^

well to the new goku: really awesome^^ ok the arms looks strange but I know its because there now stylistic outlines added, but I can't wait to see it ingame
this is the buu saga model right?
because it does not have a black shirt,
I can't see the belt flips
and the lines on shoes are not yellow

why don't you make a short ingame video to your inspiration drawing^^

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

spyxter wrote : FEATURES

I believe, it means that the model will be at maximum 2500 triangles.

This is important info for people who own low-end computers.

Devion wrote :

spyxter wrote : FEATURES

I believe, it means that the model will be at maximum 2500 triangles.

This is important info for people who own low-end computers.

But it says that model is around 8K polys Confused Maybe this 2.5K 'maximum impact' means its the most polys we'll be able to see at a moment?

Maybe this 2.5K 'maximum impact' means its the most polys we'll be able to see at a moment?

Bingo.

Zeth wrote :

Maybe this 2.5K 'maximum impact' means its the most polys we'll be able to see at a moment?

Bingo.

Where's my treat for answering to my own question? Razz

<<  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  >>

0 / 2472