Content

Bid For Power: Possible 1.2 Update...

RaiDer Genuine Pirate Therapy View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Wednesday, March 01, 2006

[email protected] wrote : BFP: Revival is currently in the concept stage and so the first step is to create a manifest of ideas and concepts which we want to see.

There is currently a need for mappers, coders, modellers, concept artists... pretty much every position is needing to be filled.
But don't let that set you back... we will be accepting any ideas you have, any sketches you think would look cool - anything at all!

Ranks will be distributed according to what you can offer... even if it is just 'groupie'Wink

http://www.unoverse.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Any opinions?? The guys are looking for some feedback.

Naico View user's profile Send private message

I guess the question is that is it worth it? there are many DB/z mods around and it needs to stand out.
More the merrier though Smile

Naico wrote : I guess the question is that is it worth it? there are many DB/z mods around and it needs to stand out.
More the merrier though Smile

Wink It wouldn't be DBZ.

I think that's why there was a slash in there, dragonball/dragonball z Very Happy

RiO View user's profile Send private message

Not to sound elitist or anything, but the current Revival team seems to have no idea what their wish to enhance/rebuild BFP entails.

I'm speaking from personal experience here; I used to code for Project X, which was a hacked enhancement to BFP as well.

I'd say more, but I don't want to bash anyone.

MDave ZEQ2 Ninja View user's profile Send private message

Sounds like they want to start from scratch, RiO. They might as well wait until we release our game kit, and make a bfp 'revival' game from it Razz using the old bfp models and stuff.

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Its pretty useless, the time they get a release out of the door it will be 2008.

DBZ is losing popularity and starting a dbz mod now isn't the smartest thing to do in my opinion.

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Not to sound cocky or anything, but back in our day we were the masters of BFP editing. If it could be done (either with Q3 script/loaders/model integrations/UI code modifications), we tried it out.

One of the ideal purposes of ZEQ2 is to bring a much more flexible environment for game creators so striving developers that lack coding ability don't have to struggle with it.

I wouldn't count anyone out yet though. ZEQ started out the exact same way; as a BFP mod with everyone responding with pretty much the same negativity. It was us against the world, but through perseverance; the project thrived, grew, and has become what it is today.

The ball hasn't been rolling on this for to long, I want to make a point of saying if it does go ahead it will not be Dragonball/Z/whatever related. Thier intentions at this point havn't been made to clear, maybe in time they will clarify what they intend to do to BFP1.2.

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 06, 2006

ZEQ was the best DBZ MOD ever made in my honest opinion. Great music in the menu and you could transform in the game with pressing a single button.
ZEQ2 is going to be even greater I think. Very Happy

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Tuesday, March 07, 2006

ZEQ was the best DBZ MOD ever made in my honest opinion. Great music in the menu and you could transform in the game with pressing a single button.
ZEQ2 is going to be even greater I think.

Please. Stop making fun of me Very Happy

Mako| View user's profile Send private message

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote :
ZEQ2 is going to be even greater I'm sure. Very Happy

Fixxed Wink

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote : ZEQ was the best DBZ MOD ever made in my honest opinion. Great music in the menu and you could transform in the game with pressing a single button.

*laughing my arse off*, ZEQ wasn't the only BFPmod that had those capabilitys.. You could even download models for 1.2 that would transform by pressing a button, other mods also had the music. I'd have to argue that as a BFP version/mod/whatever, Retro was by far the best.

Invincible View user's profile Send private message

I'd have to agree with Raider on that one. Retro is tops, and this is coming from 2 of the longest playing ppl in BFP. Cool

Blo0DFlawZ View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Thursday, March 09, 2006

Wouldnt it be a waste of time?...probably Mad

Reply with quote Thursday, March 09, 2006

Blo0DFlawZ wrote : Wouldnt it be a waste of time?...probably Mad

It all depends on the method, and how far they want to take it/how much effort they can put into it *laughing out loud*. Hows it going man havn't seen you in awhile. I said to someone in another thread it wouldn't be long before you found out about the new ZeQ2 site, nice to see your still around. Wink

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 10, 2006

RaiDer wrote :

SuGokuZEQ2 wrote : ZEQ was the best DBZ MOD ever made in my honest opinion. Great music in the menu and you could transform in the game with pressing a single button.

*laughing my buttocks off*, ZEQ wasn't the only BFPmod that had those capabilitys.. You could even download models for 1.2 that would transform by pressing a button, other mods also had the music. I'd have to argue that as a BFP version/mod/whatever, Retro was by far the best.

Retro was cool also, but ZEQ was just my 'type' of game. Not only those 2 features Smile .

2Shea View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well Retro was great, in working on it with Mike I know a lot went into it, and it had to be close to the best BFP pack. If only we could have really finished it...and ofcourse had bfp actually be a better game than it was Laughing

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

hehe mike, I wonder what happened to that guy.
He was insanely talented. But just vanished one day, he told us his reasons but I wonder if he ever checks by sometimes

RiO View user's profile Send private message

TRL wrote : hehe mike, I wonder what happened to that guy.
He was insanely talented. But just vanished one day, he told us his reasons but I wonder if he ever checks by sometimes

as far as I know he's way into Lineage II nowadays. G-O and Mike play on the same L2 server, I think.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

Does he know of the forum I'd like to see him here.

0 / 2472