Content

KOF King of Fighters

WarFang_76 True Warrior View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, October 28, 2007

I really like KOF and I had a KOF game which had very simple to do combos(1 button)you just config your buttons with sp moves.Anybody know what game that is?Do you know other good KOF games(all platforms and easy to do combos)?than please post them here and link if possible to download place or game details

Grega View user's profile Send private message

I don't really like it if the comboes are to easy. So ill have to say Soul Calibur :p

I like easy combos I play the game with my brother and it makes it more interesting because you don`t know what to expect.If the combos are with lots of ups and downs and both me and my brother know them we will dodge them easily.

WarFang_76 wrote : I like easy combos I play the game with my brother and it makes it more interesting because you don`t know what to expect.If the combos are with lots of ups and downs and both me and my brother know them we will dodge them easily.

Thats only an excuse. The thing with harder comboes isn't the lots of ups and downs. Soul calibur has different stances you can take. Also you can start one combo attack and finish of with a totally different strike. Basically the combo isn't a special move. Its a series of moves you can do and you can shape them into a totally different series of moves while doing it.

Basically a combination of single moves that forms a chain or combo. Thats whats interesting on Soul Calibur.

Having stuff like a special move that can hurt you really badly with multiple strikes by just pressing a sequence of keys is to easy and uninteresting.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

WarFang_76 wrote : link if possible to download place

That would be illegal. Also, by "easy combos" do you just mean the one where you can assign special moves to single buttons? That game's terrible, it completely defeats the point of special moves if they're a single button, it makes the game boring and cheap as it takes away practically all the skill from the game. I'm fairly sure that was the Playstation 2 version of Capcom vs SNK 2, though I could be wrong.

And I agree with Grega, Soul Calibur absolutely rocks.

Reply with quote Monday, October 29, 2007

I told you I just wanna play with my brother so it`s very hard not to be predictible we know each other very well and I know that when he likes a move he keeps using it so I`m not gonna be surprised by any of his move because I can anticipate what he throws at me.And I like KOF

Super Snake Sugar & Cocaine View user's profile Send private message

Grega wrote : I don't really like it if the comboes are to easy. So ill have to say Soul Calibur :p

OH MY GOODNESS! That game kicks buttocks. But I can only learn all the combo's of 3 characters. XD They're all different, wich is cool. But hard to keep track of the combo's. ;P

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is an old school beat'em up. The basic special moves. Like; Down, Foward, X = Super move. Really basic stuff.
The game is for Playstation 2.

I was only asking what`s the KOF with idle buttons.
Example:Button A sp combo 3 and so on no real good answer in this thread.Please stop with the off-topics and answers to questions that I haven`t asked Rolling Eyes

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 30, 2007

You were asking if we know good fighting games.

So I posted soul calibur.

As for predictability. If you exect his moves change it so that heck have to change his tactic.

The thing with Soul Calibur is that you can change the attack style whilst still in the attack.

So if he allways moves sideways just change the style to attack horizontaly after the first strike.

I know it may not be to fun if you knwo exacly what to expect. But if the specials are bound to single buttons then you have 1 hit likkers at the press of a button. Now tell me is that more fun?

Besides just start fooling round. Choose a different character or kick his buttocks with punches only. PLay round. 1 button supermoves are just for people who can't move the analog stick in a halfcyrcular motion.

Reply with quote Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Thanks for the information Grega I`ll try to play that game.Anyway my brother is only 8 years old and he doesn`t know how to do hard specials.Soul Calibur is a game for me because I`m big enough to understand how it works my brother can`t do specials at that.Thanks anyway Razz

0 / 2472