Content

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

I <3 music

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 10, 2006

It's music. That's all there is to it. If you can't stand it, don't listen to it. There's nothing more to it.
Sure there is "better" and "worse" music in terms of quality, nevertheless I can't listen to some of the "better" music, because I don't like it.
I, for one love melodic music with (optional) good vocals...
That's why I don't like music like rap, hip-hop, techno, trance, death metal etc (in general, there are always exceptions)...
But do you hear me bash people who listen to it? No, because, it's their choice, and they don't force me to listen to it.
So, try to be more open-minded... If I dislike something about a certain genre/artist/song, I will say why I don't like it. However, you seem to not like the people who listen to the music, along with the music itself.

SuGokuZEQ2 View user's profile Send private message

Punio4 wrote : It's music. That's all there is to it. If you can't stand it, don't listen to it. There's nothing more to it.
Sure there is "better" and "worse" music in terms of quality, nevertheless I can't listen to some of the "better" music, because I don't like it.
I, for one love melodic music with (optional) good vocals...
That's why I don't like music like rap, hip-hop, techno, trance, death metal etc (in general, there are always exceptions)...
But do you hear me bash people who listen to it? No, because, it's their choice, and they don't force me to listen to it.
So, try to be more open-minded... If I dislike something about a certain genre/artist/song, I will say why I don't like it. However, you seem to not like the people who listen to the music, along with the music itself.

Very wisely said !

Artists can sing about it because they want to make ppl aware about it, but of course it's not always like this.

by the way. back to the topic.

Robbie Williams is one of my favourites too. Forgot to post in my other post.

Icarus View user's profile Send private message

paulerxx wrote : did I make the Em0 kid mad?awww

Put down the razorblade and go listen to some Rage Against the Machine..:]

Only "losers" correct witty spelling mistakes.

I still don't see a connection between someone's taste in music and their personality and/or actions.

Basically, what you're saying is all the people that listen to bands like My Chemical Romance, The Used, Evanescence and the likes are suicidal masochists?

So that means that all the people that listen to Cannibal Corpse or any other death metal band are insane saddist satan worshipping murderers?

And all the people that like Rap and Hip-Hop are striving to be gangsta pimps with fancy cars, a bunch of hoes and a a load of money and fire-arms?

Nope, didn't think so. So please, do us all a favour and shove your narrow-minded point of view far up your buttocks. Music doesn't make a person.

paulerxx View user's profile Send private message

emo=emotional(if you didt know Razz)

bands that are pure emo, like from first to last, fall out boy..etc

are't good at ALL.

Most of the kids who I know that listen to "pure" emo pretend to cut themselfs, or cut themselfs, have the ghey 3 different colored hair, and wear the stero type trash...

Other bands have emo songs, like Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Alice in Chains..etcetc.
Those are mostly good.

BUT THAT DAMN PURE EM0!

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

paulerxx wrote : emo=emotional(if you didt know Razz)

are't good at ALL.

Most of the kids who I know that listen to "pure" emo pretend to cut themselfs, or cut themselfs, have the ghey 3 different colored hair, and wear the stero type trash...

Although I dislike emo bands, you are now crossing the line.

You don't know who the listeners are, so keep your stereotype opinion to yourself please.

paulerxx wrote : Other bands have emo songs, like Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Alice in Chains..etcetc.
Those are mostly good.

BUT THAT DAMN PURE EM0!

System of down, Pink Floyd and emo songs.........ok!

I believe your post said enough about yourself.

Alex ZEQ2 Effects Programmer View user's profile Send private message

paulerxx wrote : emo=emotional(if you didt know Razz)

are't good at ALL.

Other bands have emo songs, like Pink Floyd, System of a Down, Alice in Chains..etcetc.
Those are mostly good.

BUT THAT DAMN PURE EM0!

Uh, dude, incase you didn't know, all music has emotion put into it. The fact is that "Emo", much like "Pop", has derived it's own genre that's slid slightly away from it's original meaning. "Emo" as a genre is basically a derivitive of pop punk inwhich pretentious white kids from the suburbs whine about their life. That is what you're trying to bash, but like most emo bashers out there you don't know what exactly you're bashing and so start stiring poo about bands which sing about death, lost loved ones and suicide as pretentious white kid emo. Give it a rest because music is all about emotion!

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Music that doesn't stirr emotions in you isn't music.
I for one love music that gives me goosebumps ^_^

Like epic, or some really good female vocals...

I loved the .hack//SIGN OST...
The "Yasoku no chi" from the FF7:AC soundtrack... all from Nightwish, Era and Enya, and also some stuff from E Nomine...

jesus christ I meant effin emotions about death,sucide. Stupud whizzy zazz like that. Or Getting dumped, something witty. Razz

Razma View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 11, 2006

here we go.......
Bands
-Metallica
-Schandmaul
-InExtremo(well the old Albums at all...)
-OrangeRange
-Hiro
-Gackt
-Morning Musume
-XJapan
-DarkFunereal
-Bejelith
-Rammstein
-Hammerfall
-nearly every dmit OST I can get my filthy little hands on

and some more but don't want to flood your poor little brains with informations(infact I overloaded my just now).

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Fav Bands:
-Coheed and Cambria
-AFI (prefer their older stuff)
-Tsunami Bomb (again older stuff)
-Thrice
-Blink 182 (unfortuantly)
-Good Green Day.. None of this Wannabe Emo stuff.
-Metallica
-KISS
-AC/DC
-Mega Deth
and a Plethora of other 80's hair metal bands Cool
I also like Asian KungFu Generation and Ayumi Hamasaki. Yes I like J-rock and J-pop Razz

kalle View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : Fav Bands:
-Coheed and Cambria
-Thrice
-Metallica
-KISS
-AC/DC
-Mega Deth
I also like Asian KungFu Generation and Ayumi Hamasaki. Yes I like J-rock and J-pop Razz

There is nothing unfortunate in Blink 182, their last album was awesome Smile

Paulerxx, please dance with me and stay away from this thread; might not be *healthy* for the rest of your so-called "forum life". Don´t make everyone dislike you (duhh, already happened actually Razz ) in the first week. Thank y00.

Tom ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

yea I agree their last album was amazing, but I meant unfortuantly cause of their more pop-punk music before that (enema of the state-take off your pants and jacket).

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Tom wrote : Fav Bands:
-Coheed and Cambria
-Thrice
-Metallica
-KISS
-AC/DC
-Mega Deth

I actually like KISS and some Blink music as well, but I wouldnt buy cd's of em.
I ordered the last album of the Distillers since its never in stores here and its like 3 years old.
But oh well, ill ge tit next week.

I don't care what band it is actually, I dot have preferences ofcourse, but as long as its rock,or punk im happy

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 12, 2006

I still don't see a connection between someone's taste in music and their personality and/or actions. Nope, didn't think so. So please, do us all a favour and shove your narrow-minded point of view far up your buttocks. Music doesn't make a person.

Music is probably one of the more defining assets that goes into a persons personality (if based from). The stereotypes of music are to be taken lightly, of course. The connection in music is the overall feelings that is conveyed to you. The natural sensations and adrenaline changes that sweep over you while listening to a track that you connect with.

Once again, I iterate. You kids and your damn lyrical music. Razz Melodic stories or persistent messaging in tracks is just a revision of ancient bard-esque arts. Music at whole is the harmonics and nigh describable reactions and associations that follow. Harmonics don't have to be in the form of non-vocals only; however. Basically what conveys people to enjoy a track is the inset synapsis of the media; relationed, but wholly uneffected, in terms of self.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

hehe.. what does that make me ? Razz
I listen to music that has allot of lyrics, and I can understand about.. maybe 5/10 percent of it Razz
some songs I don't even know what they are about.

But that doesnt stop me from listening to them over and over again ^_^
I guess that puts me and brad a bit closer together, because eventhough my music contains allot of lyrics, to me they are mostly sounds, not words.

beetoven > You

Moonlight Sonata...Is just beautiful, yet it still has a dark side.

*Beethoven ;x

Zeth/Blaize/anyone, did you hear about this band called "The Advantage"? They play instrumental music, but in an extraordinary way; they re-mix old NES game soundtracks with guitars and drums and bass etc.

Songs are called "Metroid - Kraid´s Lair", "Batman - Stage 1" and "Megaman II - Stage Select + Metal Man". Check them out Wink

Vekkeli View user's profile Send private message

So...

Here goes

-Ajattara
-Battlelore
-Black Label Society
-Blind Guardian
-Born of Thorns
-Bright Eyes
-Children of Bodom
-Chimaira
-Dimmu Borgir
-Dio
-Dir en Grey
-Dream Theater
-Edguy
-Ensiferum
-Eternal tears of sorrow
-Faith No more
-FF7 Soundtrack
-Fintroll
-Fozzy
-Guns and Roses
-Hammerfall
-Heavydance (*laughing out loud*)
-Iced Earth
-In Flames
-Iron Maiden
-Ismo Alanko
-Kamelot
-Kingston Wall
-Kiuas
-Nocturnal Rites
-Malice Mizer
-Manowar
-Stratovarius
-Summoning
-SOAD
-The Black Mages...

Ok,this list will never end but as you see,metal music to me is <3<3<3<3

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Blaize wrote : hehe.. what does that make me ? Razz
I listen to music that has allot of lyrics, and I can understand about.. maybe 5/10 percent of it Razz

I guess that puts me and brad a bit closer together, because eventhough my music contains allot of lyrics, to me they are mostly sounds, not words.

A perfect band that would fit you is RHCP, half of the time their songs don't make any sense at all, but still are very good ^_^.

Japieja Beard with a Conscious View user's profile Send private message

Devion wrote :

Blaize wrote : hehe.. what does that make me ? Razz

A perfect band that would fit you is RHCP, half of the time their songs don't make any sense at all, but still are very good ^_^.

hehe indeed...
I mean, scartissue that I wish you saw, sarcasm mr. know-it-all? I mean DOUBLE you TEE EFFF MATE! Razz

kalle wrote : *Beethoven ;x

Zeth/Blaize/anyone, did you hear about this band called "The Advantage"? They play instrumental music, but in an extraordinary way; they re-mix old NES game soundtracks with guitars and drums and bass etc.

Songs are called "Metroid - Kraid´s Lair", "Batman - Stage 1" and "Megaman II - Stage Select + Metal Man". Check them out Wink

*laughing out loud*, They sound geeky but awesome.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

do any of you know last.fm it's a program that let's you listen to radio's per genre and have virtually everything you'd want. Even beethoven.
You have to join and you can other peoples tastes

Check it out: http://www.last.fm/

I´ve posted about last.fm already, TRL. Just read back.

TRL Spam Machine View user's profile Send private message

woops ok sorry.
It's just a great program. What's your username?

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Vekkeli.. Nice Very Happy
not all my taste, but seeing dir en grey, Malice Mizer in there is enough for me Very Happy
don't like Malice mizer on bit, bit it's japanese music, so your ok in my book Very Happy

<<  1, 2, 3, 4  >>

0 / 2472