Content

A simple request

Logan View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Friday, March 03, 2006

Balance. Please make sure every character and attack set are balanced with each other. Some games are made where some characters are simply made better than others.

I like games where every character is 100% equal in all stats so I can pick and choose who I like as far as style goes rather than the stats that character has.

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

we're not witty you know Razz
ofcourse the characters will be balanced.

If we would make goku stronger then others you would only see people play with goku.

Azurite View user's profile Send private message

Blaize wrote : we're not witty you know Razz
ofcourse the characters will be balanced.

If we would make goku stronger then others you would only see people play with goku.

Not true Smile
I'd still play my favorite character.

kalle View user's profile Send private message

Azurite - Oolong won´t be featured in zeq2 Razz

Zeth ZEQ2 Programmer View user's profile Send private message

Balance. Please make sure every character and attack set are balanced with each other. Some games are made where some characters are simply made better than others.

I like games where every character is 100% equal in all stats so I can pick and choose who I like as far as style goes rather than the stats that character has.

*sounding like a broken record now*
Balance will be handled exactly as the series handled it. Wink

Oh dear...I better get ready for lots of people playing as Goku and Buu then. Confused

Oh dear...I better get ready for lots of people playing as Goku and Buu then. Confused

I think you might want to rethink certain aspects. You still seem to think we're a traditional run of the mill type game. If you are basing what you THINK our gameplay will be on ANY other game, then your perceptions are already faulted.

There will be balance, yet there WILL be 100% series accuracy. An enigma? Or perhaps just a clever understanding of the series. Wink

Zeth, I demand retribution for the brain in my head that you just exploded.

Slipstream Catching On View user's profile Send private message

Yeah, I don't really understand it either. Its like your saying 1+4=9, and we're wondering where the other 5 numbers are o_O;
As far as I observed, the balance in dbz consisted primarily of Goku being miraculously capable of beating the trash out of anybody . . . while all the other good guys stood by in awe.
If you make it 100 percent series accurate, then how could you possibly balance Krillin against Vegeta, or Picollo against Buu?

paulerxx View user's profile Send private message

there should be different "class modes"

where only weak people can only fight other weak peopl, and only strong fight strong

like krillan vs Frieza(1st form his transformation disabled or something)

stronge
Brolly vs Goku

Razma View user's profile Send private message

Wich would nibble off quite some people(me included)because they would have to play on special servers or wait for special rounds to play as "their" character,wouldnt be a good move.

Now that I hear Brolly,I know this question was already asked but to be honest it was so long ago I forgot the answer,will there be movie chars?

SSJ50000 View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Saturday, March 04, 2006

There will be balance, yet there WILL be 100% series accuracy. An enigma? Or perhaps just a clever understanding of the series.

What could the answer to this mysterious riddle be?... It's balanced but just like the series... That just doesn't quite make sense... Oh, I think I get it! The way it weaker characters stood up to stronger ones in the series was by pulling miracle power ups/attacks out of their buttocks. So in a match like Kuririn against Frieza, the Frieza player could kill the other one in just a few attacks because of how much stronger he is, but the other one would only need to land a single Kienzan to win, right? Razz I'd personally prefer a long match with each making use of different characters attributes. Careful not to make it way too much like the series... I mean, could you just imagine how disapointing it would be to be Broly and totaly own the one you're against until you're about to land the killing hit, just like in the series, only to have them jump up and completely destroy you in one punch?! Laughing

Razma wrote : will there be movie chars?

Yes, I remember there being models of some of the movie characters(over a year ago before all that down time) like Broly(and the FAQ mentioned he'd all all his forms). I'm guessing those models are being redone? It seems like nearly everything from a lot the ideas to many of the models/maps have been scrapped to start over... I just hope these turn out to be the finalized things so another year of down time with little more than two models and one map doesn't happen, again. Razz

What could the answer to this mysterious riddle be?... It's balanced but just like the series... That just doesn't quite make sense... Oh, I think I get it! The way it weaker characters stood up to stronger ones in the series was by pulling miracle power ups/attacks out of their buttocks. So in a match like Kuririn against Frieza, the Frieza player could kill the other one in just a few attacks because of how much stronger he is, but the other one would only need to land a single Kienzan to win, right? Razz.

Incorrect, my friend. It makes perfect sense as well. It is right in front of your eyes. Just stand back and stop looking through it Wink

Careful not to make it way too much like the series... I mean, could you just imagine how disapointing it would be to be Broly and totaly own the one you're against until you're about to land the killing hit, just like in the series, only to have them jump up and completely destroy you in one punch?! Laughing

You are dubbed the master of misinterpretation and limited perspective Very Happy. It will remain exactly like the series handles it, and you still do not quite grasp what we are trying to accomplish here Wink

Yes, I remember there being models of some of the movie characters(over a year ago before all that down time) like Broly(and the FAQ mentioned he'd all all his forms).

As we've mentioned before, anything noted before this point should be considered null.

I'm guessing those models are being redone? It seems like nearly everything from a lot the ideas to many of the models/maps have been scrapped to start over... I just hope these turn out to be the finalized things so another year of down time with little more than two models and one map doesn't happen, again. Razz

We've not said ANYTHING specific about what was redone and what remains. If you think that we've only gotten Goku/Vegeta and a single map done in a years downtime, you are poorly mistaken. We're merely pacing ourselves with updates. Try to think a bit more on the positive side to things before making such commentation Smile

SSJ50000 View user's profile Send private message

Zeth wrote : Incorrect, my friend. It makes perfect sense as well. It is right in front of your eyes. Just stand back and stop looking through it Wink

I had a feeling that wouldn't be it, it was just the first thought that came when thinking of how the series "balances" things. Laughing You make it sound so simple, yet so complex... I guess we won't know until you spill the beans, I hope that don't take too long, I dislike puzzles that seem so hard yet when solved seem so easy. Razz

If you think that we've only gotten Goku/Vegeta and a single map done in a years downtime, you are poorly mistaken.

That's what I was hoping. Cool I was just a little suprised with how little was revealed when it finally got back. I was kinda expecting another big wow-update after so long, especially considering it seems everything from before is null. With everything starting over, that's when many get the most curious about what the changes from what they knew are. I guess time will tell... Just hopefully not too much time, this time. Razz

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Zeth, stop with the mysterious act please Razz

Just give us some hints Wink Razz

SSJ50000 wrote : That's what I was hoping. Cool I was just a little suprised with how little was revealed when it finally got back. I was kinda expecting another big wow-update after so long, especially considering it seems everything from before is null. With everything starting over, that's when many get the most curious about what the changes from what they knew are. I guess time will tell... Just hopefully not too much time, this time. Razz

It's pretty logical. If they shoot everything now, it will take A WHOLE while again for they update again.

I think its better to do it in little proportions, since you will have something to discuss about for a while and the mod will look less dead.

Naico View user's profile Send private message

You are dubbed the master of misinterpretation and limited perspective Very Happy. It will remain exactly like the series handles it, and you still do not quite grasp what we are trying to accomplish here Wink

I don't think anyone has Laughing

Devion Slipping Away View user's profile Send private message

Naico wrote :

I don't think anyone has :*laughing out loud*:

Touché...

A nice big about update would be nice, explaining the gameplay. Not indepth though, you don't want to be copied Wink.

Punio4 Somewhat Nifty View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 05, 2006

Need... updates...
*starts twitching and foaming on the floor*

Blaize ZEQ2 Legend View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Sunday, March 05, 2006

people people...
say no to drugs!

you can expect an update within 3 weeks or so.
it's a promise Wink

Abel View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 06, 2006

Blaize wrote : people people...
say no to drugs!

you can expect an update within 3 weeks or so.
it's a promise Wink

I sugjest you don't say no to drugs , it will help make those 3 weeks go bye a lot fasster Razz

Unlucky_Owl View user's profile Send private message

Reply with quote Monday, March 06, 2006

It is sort of strange but you just have to think about it, ofcourse Goku was infinately stronger then some of the other characters. But if the team is staying close to the anime does that mean that for the first time Goku etc goes to a new state of power it takes along time, the whole gathering of power, charging etc? If so that means someone like Krillan or Piccolo who has less overall power could easily swoop in, smack Goku around before he could achieve his infinately more powerful forms?

Just my two cents.

0 / 2472